Is pear shape a turn off?

Okay, so I'm in high school and I have quite a few hang ups about my figure. I'm not thin but I wouldn't say I'm fat either, or at least not on top but my legs, well I hate my legs. I hate the way they look especially since everyone is so thin and mine are kind of fat, I eat a lot less than most of my friends but they have a better metabolism (faster is it?). Anyway, it runs in my family to have bigger legs because my Mum and Grandma are both pear shaped but it just doesn't comfort me. I stand in the mirror and look at myself feeling embarrassed, they don't touch but my top half is size eight but my bottom half is a size bigger (size ten) in English sizes by the way not American. Anyway, I am just wondering is being pear shaped a turn off? I feel awful about my figure when naked because if it and I'm starting to go running so I can tone my legs further but I just feel like I have thunder thighs and it's starting to depress me.

Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are dudes who dig it. The thing with being female, is that guys are kinda hardwired to be attracted to what they want. Whereas women will overlook a guy with a different body type or hair color (or no hair) or fitness level that isn't her favorite, guys can't do this. BUT ... there will be guys who are into it.

• I know what you mean, well it's not obvious that it's my body shape however I'm really concious of it.

• Just stay fit and healthy, including mentally healthy. There will be the right guy for you.

What Guys Said 4

• Just to be clear, this is the body type you mean:

link

To me as long as the waist is slimmer than the hips you can still turn heads. There are indeed men out there who want this kind of figure so don't despair.

• Kind of except the fact that I am a lot slimmer than that, my waist is tiny and then it goes out to my hips, more like this link except I'm not that toned but I'm the same size.

• If you are comparing yourself to Beyonce your issues are entirely in your head. Pretty sure she was just named the world's most beautiful woman by People magazine.

• I honestly don't think you have any thing to worry about.

I saw that picture of Beyonce and you definitely seem to be on the right path.

I can only speak for myself here but I will say I like pretty much any body type as long as she's healthy cause when you're not healthy that's not good for anyone.

The positives of a pear shape is that its gives you more of a girlie figure and I like girlie girls :)

P.s. you don't have anything to worry about because you said love comes in all shapes and sizes right? And isn't pear a shape?

• Pear doesn't do it for me, I m an hourglass fan.

Jogging and cycles are great leg toning exercises. Some light weights will help bulk up your shoulders/breast and tone your arms.

• Thank you for your honesty, I don't really want to bulk up my shoulders and breasts really because they already look quite toned and I'm happy with my top half but I think I am going to start jogging hopefully :) Thank you!

• Great. Even walking is good. I had a job that required I use public transit plus a one mile walk daily. After 6 months my legs had slimmed right off. Incorporating a long stroll into your daily routine somewhere was make this very easy, if time is not an issue.

• As a red blooded bloke, take it from me, I love big hips, thighs and a nice cushion. Being a physical kind of chap, I always worry I might snap skinnier girls in half.

So many women feel bad about having child bearing hips and a womenly figure, but it seriously turns me on!

What Girls Said 5

• No, only because I'm pear shaped though. Being pear shaped doesn't always mean having bigger legs by the way, I'm slim and still pear shaped.

• I am a pear shape by genes too. And I have a huge butt to boot. Many people comment about my butt, but I still adore it :) Be more confident <3

• It's better than being a square.

• I think a pear shape looks good, sometimes I think they have an advantage! :) I hope you can feel comfortable about your shape soon, it is nice to look at!

• Do you mind me asking how they have an advantage sometimes? :)

• Well I'm an hourglass, slim... but like no butt! If I put on weight, it goes to my tummy/waist before anything else, so I still have no butt! So if I was a pear shape and I put on a little weight, I'd be happy :P hehe.. other than that, my female friends who are pear shaped, when they walk in front of me, their curves do stand out, in a nice good way :) looks very feminine. It also emphasises their waist, which is also nice! :) And they can sit longer because they have a bit more cushion hehe

• no not at all! Pear and hourglass shapes are the most desirable

• doubtful ... =(

• Your kidding right? I know hourglass is what everyone aims to look like but so many people have thinner legs despite the fact we're the same weight because I'm pear shape and don't men prefer thinner legs?

• every man has different tastes. I think you sound beautiful as you are- and yes statistically the most desirable shapes are pear and hourglass! Be confident girl :)