Cute VS hot? I feel kinda offended he said I'm cute instead of hot.

we were just talking and I ask him about the other people he has has sex with. he said his girlfriend was "Hot, no actually she's cute" he said, and I asked him about another girl he slept with. I was like was she hot? he said yeah. then I'm like what about me? he answered super fast and was like your your cute.

does cute mean I'm not good looking? that's what I'm thinking. what's the difference? and what's better?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be too offended, guys usually use "cute" to describe someone they consider relationship material. Hot is a term that we usually use for women that we just feel a stirring in our pants for. I can't remember the last time I called my girlfriend hot, although I think she is. I usually use words like "beautiful" or "cute" when referring to her.

I should probably call her hot a little more than I do, might boost her sexual self-esteem.

What Guys Said 9

• this is a girl that I would call cute more than any other word link but it does not mean she is not good looking just in MY eyes she is very cute.

also she's quite pretty but like I said her cuteness is way up there so I would use that word more often.

this link and this link are hot/sexy.

to me it's not that any of them are better than the other it's just different ways to describe how someone looks. I've been called cute, handsome, and huggable before I don't think of one any more or less than the other.

• Hot is purely the physical attraction. The biological and some what animalistic instinct of finding someone sexually desireable whereas cute is the adoreable behviours and other positve personality characteristics that a person has. Girls can be both, but personally I prefer cute> hot in a 70:30 ratio

• I seen one girl that was over the TOP! cute and hot. like cute:hot - 40:60 perfect blend.

• Don't ask for comparison if you don't like the answer.

• I would personally rather be called hott over cute. To me hott is like omg wow she is super good looking almost perfect, I will probably be thinking of her for awhile.

Cute means she is good looking, and I wouldn't mind dating her. But I will probably think of her from time to time...

This is my thoughts only I can't speak for other people :)

• Super good looking almost like perfect - Is beautiful or pretty.

Hot - is more of a sexual thing.

• Like I said that is just how I think of it. :)

• You should be happy about it. As a guy, if I find some girl very cute that means I would love her to be my girlfriend and have a meaningful relationship. But, if I find a girl hot then, I am just interested in banging her for one night only.

• Not cute means you are still attractive. I would have to say the difference is a woman who is hot is some one we would like to have sex with. Cute means more interested in the person itself. Plus I prefer a cute girl over a hot one anyway. You're hot when you are younger, but you stay cute your whole life.

• are you his girlfriend now?

• Cute = girl I want to date

Hot = girl I want to f***

Guys generally agree on that.

• I would love to date a hot girl but for the most part that's right.

• not saying I would never have sex with a cute girl either. it's just what I think when I"m at a mall cheaking out girls..

• for e.g.(cute = rachel leigh cook

hot = monica bellucci)

cute, pretty = harmless beauty that make you smile

sexy, hot = dangerous, can cause damage to your wild imaginations

What Girls Said 6

• Hot - means I want to f*** you. Referring to someone in a sexual nature.

Cute - Adorable. -More likely someone I'd like to get to know.

Trust me it'd be more of an insult the other way around. You want someone

that doesn't see you has a piece of meat, but has a person.

• Well in the first place, I'm not sure why you're asking your guy friend about the people he has sex with. That's got to be a relatively awkward conversation, and frankly it's even worse because you asked him to compare you to them.

When put in that position, you can't always expect guys to be honest. Calling you cute instead of hot isn't an insult. Maybe he felt uncomfortable about calling you hot because that's the majority of girls he sleeps with, and he actually cares about you instead of just thinking of your body.

• I think cute means you're baby-like in appearance?

Don't worry, I get that a lot. I get called cute, cuddly, warm, soft, fun... A bunch of stuff associated with a baby.

I think it's a cool think. It may make a person more comfortable around a cute person than a hot person any day.

• i'd much rather be called cute than hot.

my friend always gets called cute and she'd love to be "hot".

i guess you want what you can't have!

• cute means more innocent looking which is good! hot is when someone is good-looking and has something about them that really stands out. like eyes or hair or figure or even the contrast between your skintone and hair color... anything. it's all about originality so don't try being someone you're not.

if he answered really quickly then it might mean he likes hanging out with you but as a friend. it can also mean that he doesn't want to make things awkward between you two. OR it could mean he's just shy of telling a girl she's hot. I mean you'd have to pay me well over a 1000 to tell a guy he's hot... it's just a little awkward :P

• One guy has called me both "hot" and "cute" -- HOT is for when he's turned on and something about me has caused that response. CUTE is for when he notices something I've done that touches him at an emotional (or non-sexual) level.