How often do you guys wash your hair?

...I personally wash my hair every 2/ 3 days . you ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Every 2 weeks.

African American hair can't take a lot of shampooing or it dries out and breaks off :OO

• 2 weeks ? don you get itchy or uncomfortable ? .. I did know about the break off part either

• Lucky you for having some mixed genetics. It isn't very common for the majority of african women to have super long flowy hair. Typically do to our higher need in moisture content. Some African women do get the genetics though, whether from mixing genes with other cultures or a recessive one being flipped on.

• oh interesting

What Guys Said 14

• Washing our hair removes all the natural oils, so I stopped washing mine almost 30 years ago. I do comb it every couple of months though.

• Not washing your hair is disgusting...self cleans? Vaginas are supposed to self clean too, that doesn't keep me from washing it tho... The smell of a greasy hair must spectacular :D

• How dare you ridicule my Amazing Self-Cleaning Head. I charge people a nickel just to touch it, and there's always a line!

• everyday, my image is important ^-^

• Three times a week

• Pretty much every day.

• Every time I take a shower, so once a day, which is probably excessive since I have no hair.

• Every 3-4 days.

• Every day... My hair is only like a millimeter long. It takes me about 15 seconds to wash it. =P

• Currently I wash it about twice a week, but I rinse it almost everyday.

• I wash it almost every time I go into the shower. So maybe every other day

• I know for girls it's a bit different than guys. It's harder to wash your hair because it's longer and yada yada. However there are men who have long hair as well and they probably do the same as women, every 2-3 days. I'm growing mine out, (again) because I want to see what I'm going to look like with dreads. I'm not doing it because it's the new craze but I'm doing it because some of my favorite bands do it. Someone once said that because I have dirty blond hair, I would look really good in them. If I do keep them, I'll be required to wash them, every 2-3 days, just like women.

If not, then I do it every other day

• Everyday.

• neveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Once a day, on average. But, I use gel which seems to create a bit of flaking.

• i gotta do it every day with long hair or it gets greasy

What Girls Said 19

• Every other day but I wish I could go longer.

• every 2 days.

its the longest I can go without it because I have greasy hair.

• Pretty much every day or every other day because any longer than that it gets greasy and smelly

• yeah why cousin has to do that to .. if not it like if some just grow a pound of oil in her head.

• Twice a week. Washing your hair often is bad for it and my hair takes forever to get greasy so it's not a big deal. And it's super healthy now that I've started doing that.(:

• Everyday to wash away evidence.

• Everyday or every other.

• Every other day

So, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays. On Sundays I use a clarifying shampoo to make sure I get rid of buildup and excess oil or hair products.

• yeah about the same as you depends on what products I've been using ya knowww

• every week. I deep condition and wash it. washing it everyday or every other day makes hair dry and your hair needs to have its own natural pils which provided protection

• everyday

• Every other day.

• every day. I like my hair to smell nice and theyre more shiny :P

• Everyday, 3 times a day.

• every day because it's oily. once in a while I wash it every other day and use dry shampoo but only if I am desperate. it really needs to be washed daily.

• every 2/3 days since it's curly

• every day, because I like it to smell good and be shiny. I know some people who was their hair like twice a week and it smells nasty. The smell of dirty hair is such a distinct, gross odor.

• When I straighten my hair I wait a week or two before I wash it.

When it's curly I will wash it every two to three days.

• 3-6 times a day? depending how I really am feeling? I guess it does not help that I take 3 - 5 shows a day >-<;;

• um, not really, I take 2 minutes after I get my hair ready & soap, soso? I do not take other country grade showers that are 15 minutes each with 46...gallons I think it is. Math~ 6 x 2 = 12 still less then many people yes yes? So...maybe you should ask first before commenting mister butt

• @Lights: Because I do what I feel is necessary like everyone else yes yes, maybe my day does not cycle around yours? Different life styles.

@Butt: Yes, in point case I really do

@down voters: I decided to vote most of you down for the same reason you did me. A un-respected difference in opinion

• um..since you are trolling I reported you, second time mister.

• every other day or every 3 days, they say you're supposed to wash them less than that though but I honestly don't see myself washing them less then 3 times a week