How long does it take to grow your hair really long?

My hair is in between my ears and shoulders. It's closer to my shoulders. I desire to grow it down my back. I was wondering, how many years would it take?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hair on average grows 1/2 per month, but depending on genetics, environmental factors, lifestyle and diet, it can grow more or less.

Tips:

Certain vitamins can help:

-Biotin.I do take these everyday,they do help.Unfortunately my hair is very curly so you can see the hair growth when I straighten it.It is known to help sin,hair and nails,but some people have said it can cause them to break out or worsen cystic acne.If you do begin taking Biotin pills,don't be freaked out when or if you pee highlighter yellow,biotin isn't toxic,it isn't fat soluble which means it does flush out.

-Fish oil pills.I started taking these last year when I cut my hair(above my shoulders) and it...ugh...stupid short hair.Anyways,my hair began growing faster,of course,hair does have a limit as to how fast it can grow per month.

I recommend staying away from pills that are directed towards "hair growth"

Hair is made up of water and protein.Every strand is 1/8 water I believe,so make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated through out the day.

The best fruits and vegetables for hair are carrots,cucumbers,apples,bananas(1 a day,no more,too much sugar),avocado(no more than 2-3 a week),strawberries,tomatoes.

Best foods with protein are almonds,walnuts,oysters,salmon,soybeans(edamame) in moderation,tilapia,oatmeal.

If anything,try to remain stress free,eat healthy(fruits,vegetables and protein).

On a side note,yes massaging your scalp is said to help stimulation of blood flow,which can increase growth.Many native indian tribes use Jojoba oil while massaging.

So In short,my recommendation:

-Biotin pills.

-Fish oil pills.

-Drink enough water to stay hydrated.

-Take care of your hair externally.Shampoo,condition.

ADD-ON:

-Use sulfate free shampoos & conditioners

-Avoid heat & if you must use heat, use a heat protectant

-Trimming your ends will NOT make hair grow faster, but it will encourage healthy hair and a healthy appearance. It won't speed up the rate at which your hair grows though.

SOURCE: link

It's my answer, just copied and pasted :P

• for two minutes of my life I thought you were a hair care expert just to learn you were an expert paster *the betrayal..the deceit* ...oh the deceit

• Okay, when you trim yours, how regularly do you do it?

• Depending on the condition of your hair, you don't need to trim monthly or every six weeks. 1-4x a year is fine, unless of course your hair gets damaged easily

What Guys Said 5

• sounds like you have the same length hair as I do <3

I think the rate hair grows is different from person to person,

my hair has a pretty fast rate, so I got to take care

of it often ^-^

there's a few things that can help

link

watch her vids, she gives good advice ^-^

• It can take a long time, but if you brush it many times a day, I heard that helps to spead it up, plus it's worth it. There's a woman that I work with, and we all love her really long hair.

• Actually, brushing hair too much is bad. It weakens it and makes it more prone to breakage. Not helpful when trying to grow it out. This is a common myth though.

• My hair grew from a really short haircut in 2002 and by the summer of 2004 my hair was maybe 5 inches past my shoulder blades.

• My hair grows a quarter of an inch to 3/8ths of an in a month.

• My hair was really short (buzz cut) and I grew it out to just past my shoulders, it took about 2 years. Same with the guy below. I'd imagine it would take at least 3-4 years to get your length

What Girls Said 8

• My hair grows about one cm per month. With wear and tear I usually need to get it cut about every 6 months (I don't use any products, hair dryers or flatteners). So the net growth of my hair is about 3 cm (a bit more than one inch) every six months. Do the math.

• If your hair grows quickly, 3 years. If it grows slowly, 4-5 years. You should get trims, but not every 6-8 weeks like recommended, more like 3 times a year.

• In three years my hair has gone from touching my shoulders to my lower back (gotten trims and whatnot). My hair grows pretty fast though.

• I would say just two-three years. Well, that's how long it took me.

• 4-5 years? :S

• I've used Reloxe products to grow my hair longer.

• Try to take vitamins for hair regrowth like Reloxe and Nioxin.

• Took me a year.