My mom cuts my hair?

So I'm 18, and my whole life my mom has cut my hair. She is a professional and well known hair stylist so it's not like she does a bad job, but I've always wanted to get the experience of going to a barber and seeing what else can be done with my hair and if it can look better. But I KNOW she would be offended if I brought up the idea. I will be going to college soon and I will probably get a chance to do it then, but I'd like to do it sometime soon.

HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT IT?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why you would honestly. You have to wait, its kind of awkward and it cost money.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see a question.

• Just be gentle and let her know you want other experiences (does not hurt to want to experience more things). Say you want to try out a different taste. If she is going to be offended, there's really nothing you can do to make sure she's not offended. It's an issue she needs to sort out herself. However you could soften the blow by saying what a good job she does and explain why you think that.

What Guys Said 1

• your moms a professional hair stylist and you want to go to a regular barber, why don't you pick a hair style you like and say hey mom lets try something new this time, ask her to cut it how you want it.

• I feel like if I got to a barber I'd get a better cut because they have more tools like trimmers and stuff... my mom just uses scissors