What do you think of natural hair?

What do you personally think of natural hair, i.e, African American hair with no chemicals, relaxers, blowouts, texturizers?

Ugly? Unattractive? Nasty? Beautiful? Sexy? Indifferent?

Ex:

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

lmao. so much for "natural is best" bullsh*t guys on here parade

Most Helpful Girl

• I think all hair is beautiful as long as it is kept healthy & clean you know :D

What Guys Said 21

• your hair is part of you

wether someone find exactly your

hair pretty or sexy or whatever,

can be changed according to how the person

handles herself/himself I think. <3

I don't think any kind of hair is unnatractive

like that, but I'm usually pretty indifferent about

what kind of hair someone has, as long as it's not

a complete mess (not taken care of at all, never washed etc..)

• When we're just hangin at the house, my girlfriend is happy to be nappy and that's fine with me. I'm not a big fan of tight Fro's, but I like the way a lot of the women in your pics wear their hair. Wild and natural is good.

• I actually like it, I think its very unique

• I am not usually as attracted to black women as I am to others, so my opinion might not be that important, but ever since I saw Good Hair, I can't look at a black woman with straight hair without thinking about it. It doesn't seem worth it to me. Natural black hair looks fine to me as long as it's hanging down, like in the first and third links there. I also like dread locks styled like this: link link and link

• I'm guessing I got downvoted because of my first sentence? I think that's bullsh*t, but okay. If anyone doesn't understand what I meant by "Good Hair," it's a documentary by Chris Rock(unless I have misremembered the name).

• I think some of those hairstyles look really good. I'm kind of indifferent to hair textures though.

• All hair is beautiful and sexy.

• The style in pic #2 is not that great, but the rest of them looked good.

• And the girl in the picture second from the bottom, extremely hot.

• a girl that shows of her natural her is brilliant because I love that in a girl and they look good without all of that conditioning stuff :) xx

• It's very attractive, natural is always best and I like dark hair the most

• it depends. it is sexy, usually

• I don't care for it. I prefer straight hair. Wavy also looks nice though.

• I like it because its one kind of its own.

• like the look. depends on the girl. some pull it off better. some need to relax it down.

• Not a fan.

• meh some look good, some look they rolled down a hill, depends on the person

• Not a fan to be honest

• I can't stand girls with curly hair sorry.

• I prefer beautiful long, clean hair.

• Not sure what relaxers, blowouts or texturizers are... but on some black girls I think it looks hot. Others not so much.

Hayley Marie Norman hair looks amazing on her.

• Oh, and out of the links you gave... the only one I don't like is the 2nd one... On a different girl it might look better but with the girl given... I don't like it.

• If I let my hair grow out, never cut it, never washed it well or combed it, it'd be pretty dang gnarly. It grows very bulky and dry and voluminous, has big nasty curls and just looks like a mop on my head, not pretty.

However when I look at certain races, namely the Japanese and certain Native Americans, they can wake up every day without touching up their in the slightest, and they look good. How much upkeep your hair requires depends on your race, and how good you want your hair to look. Certain races require more upkeep or perhaps different upkeep.

Some black women try to be natural just like certain french women neglect to shave their legs in the name of being natural, and I just don't think it's a good thing for everybody. Granted some women can pull off a tight fro prettty well, but I'd say that most girls can't because there are so many more beautiful hairstyle for a woman to have other than an afro.

Every race, age and gender has different strengths and weaknesses, and I think that most black women have come to the agreement that most of them want their hair to be really different than what they were born with.

CHRIS ROCK, "HAIR": YouTube.co

m/watch?v=1m-4qxz08So

BTW, I have been a bit overbearing to certain members on this site, telling them or deeply suggesting to them how to look and what to wear. I just need to let it play out naturally as she likes it to without judging.

• A book I read called No More Lies, by Dick Gregory, said that on TV there's an unnaturally high ratio of white women to black women and all the other races. There's also an unnaturally high ratio of overly-cosmeticized women to girls who look natural, probly have better self esteem, healthier bodies and healthier hair. It also doesn't help that a black woman's hair can be notoriously hard to work with -but that doesn't mean that it can't possess it's own unique beauty. Just gotta' be creative.

• Honestly I don't like that fluffy, curly look it has to it. I like it when it's relaxed and straight down.

What Girls Said 38

• I personally think it's gorgeous. Quite jealous of it, actually. I'm white and my hair is a weird/gross wavy that's neither straight nor curly.

I could see using relaxers so it's easier to manage, but if it's for looks...definitely leave it natural!

• I have natural black hair and I think its beautiful and very unique.

• I love natural hair. I am natural, going on three years now ? I see a lot of people online and hear some people out in public say that natural hair is too hard to manage or looks messy. I beg to differ. I'll admit, I struggled my first year post-relaxer because I simply was not educated on this topic - how do I manage it, what products do I use, etc etc. But now, I realized I do less to my hair than I did when I had a relaxer, all while using organic and/or natural products. I've even learned to try different styles and techniques.

My hair has more sheen and is so much softer. Not to mention, I get compliments on my hair. (: Whether someone is natural or not doesn't matter to me. What I do notice is damaged, fried, dirty hair...in other words, someone who didn't give a damn about what their hair looked like before walking out the house.

• abso-f***ing-lutely gorgeous

• I'm natural. However unlike many of my natural sisters, I have never had a relaxer or perm. So I've been natural all my life. I never really payed much attention to my hair when I was younger. It wan;t untill I was around 14 that I started to care a bit. Before then I just sat down in from of my mom or nanna at let them work. Now a days I'm doing my own hair. I like bantu knot outs the best. I think natural is beautiful. It's not what you have, it's what you choose to do with it. If you have slave hair, don;t feel defeated, spic it up. do some elaborate designs, add scarves, be creative. that's what I love about being natural. there's so much room to let your imagination run wild. hope I helped you.

• I keep my hair natural (no chemicals whatsoever), but I still straighten it. I think the natural look can be very pretty if done right (nappy isn't a style, for those who try). I feel like I look better when I keep my hair straight. Also I can't have bangs if my hair is natural, I love my bangs...

• I love it. Especially when it's afro-y like in the 1st pic and some others. It looks so carefree and fantastic.

• i think its beautiful! I have really curly hair and I usually straighten it or do the brazilian keritan blowout just to manage it. I think natural ANYTHING is better than having fake ANYTHING...i really can't stand fake nails, hair, anything really. all these girls are gorgeous!

• I think it looks really pretty. If I was African American I'd rock my natural hair, but I'm not, and on me that kind of hair would look ridiculous lol.

• LOL..im just picturing it

• you know you can get that texture briefly right. Get rods in your hair, wrap your hair around them when it's wet, use leave in conditioner and let it air dry over night. trust me you will look amazing.

• I love it. I have it. I wear it. If it grows out of my scalp that way, I don't see what could be ugly about it. It's curly, it's clean, it's big and.. it's mine. I can straighten it and sometimes I do, but when it's straight, I don't really know what to do with it, it's just.. there. My natural hair is easier for me to work with.

• Personally, I love curly hair like that. I think it is gorgeous.

• I think natural is beautiful. I think its sill when black girls wear blond wigs and weaves and all this. Black is beautiful.

• I personally think the hair in your links is beautiful.

• lol at all the people calling these hairstyles nappy -_-

• I love it! It shows that any kind of hair is beautiful. And sometimes a woman doesn't need to have straight hair to look good. :)

• 3|0
  • Well I like it. I decided I want to go natural a few weeks ago :D

• Wow, some people just make me sick. Its one thing to not like these styles, but you can't say its not natural, how would you know? And I've been to one of the pictured women's blogs before talking about her hair. Yes, you have to twist your hair sometimes. If you have straight hair you have to comb it, right?

• depends on the person

• My hair's like a combo of #1 and the last link. I think natural hair's gorgeous

• I wish I could see it more often because I usually just bun mine up

• I would not be able to deal with that o.O

I like my hair 'cause I can just brush it and it's all straight and stuff.

I hate fussy things.

• I think that's a misconception some people have about kinky hair. It's actually very simple to upkeep. I am natural myself and all I do is wash, condition, and depending on the day, pin it up or leave it out. Natural hair just looks 'complicated' because a lot of people don't know a lot about it since it's not exactly advertised as the 'standard beauty.'

• I guess I'm just used to not having a lot of hair, I have very thin hair so having lots of it would freak me out :P

• i don't like the hair in the pics . is that narural hairstyle ?

it look not natural ,its like they get an electric shock.

• I don't really like it because it looks messy and course. Not attractive in my opinion but I wouldn't call it ugly.

• ur hais is SUPER cute but I prefer it to be lng, it'll be much prettier

• I think natural african hair is beautiful

• I am black and I like it but I still get relaxers because it is more manageable.

• pretty sure NONE of those photos are natural.. they've all had something done to it to look "natural"

• If my hair wasn't heat damaged id rock braid outs 24/7

• I wish my hair was long enough to do a wash and go

• Not to sound racist, but I don't find the natural look of black women hair attractive at all. It looks like wool/wire strands and way too puffy.

• More from Girls
    8