Symmetrical facial features and structure are generally considered the universal standard of beauty?

Agree or disagree?

And why or why don't you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally yes, Scientist believe that a face should be perfectly symmetrical, using the golden ratio as a guide. I would call it perfect, but I would not call it beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people find that the "flaws" are what makes a person much more attract, for example, having bigger lips might be more attractive to some then others. You can call some one's face perfect, but you don't have to think it's beautiful.

What Guys Said 4

• Wel. most people have symmetrical facial features, so that couldn't be a standard of beauty, could it?

• Its been shown to be one part of what is considered attractive.

• agreed

• agree, that the way

What Girls Said 4

• Agree, I've actually read some study on this a while ago on the internet where they said that a symmetrical face is b where it's at, so I'm kinda going with them on this. ^_^

• Agreed. It's nicer to look at...

• Disagree. By that logic, anyone whose facial features and structure are symmetrical is considered beautiful. A face can be viewed as ugly even if it's completely symmetrical.

• I have an almost perfect symmetric face and I am not considered beautiful, just average to pretty.