Is this too many beauty products to use daily?

shampoo

conditioner

deep conditioner

hot oil hair treatment

anti-frizz cream

anti-heat cream

scrunching gel

face wash

face lotion

toner

eye cream

body butter

body wash

foot cream

primer

face powder

eye primer

eyeshadow

mascara

lip gloss

blush

Most Helpful Guy

• From my perspective, I sense a lot of overlapping products here:

conditioner AND deep conditioner?

anti-frizz AND anti-heat cream AND scrunching gel? (I don't have much hair and I don't style it much at all so I may be naive lol)

eye cream AND eye primer?

eye primer AND primer?

body butter AND body wash?

------------------

You're very cute...and I will honestly say that I doubt that you need all that stuff. :)

Nothing wrong with being super-duper clean and having a super-duper-primped-out look...i'm one of the few guys on this site that likes a girl that primps all the time (most on here are tomboy-lovers)

I'm just concerned for your health, cauz all that un-necessary product exposure probably isn't good for your skin/hair.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes it is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but many of these things, if used daily, are actually bad for your bodies "natural cleansing system", for lack of a better term. Shampoo and conditioner are excellent examples. If you wash your hair everyday, it prevents your body from releasing necessary oils for it. Cut out anything you don't need for an outward appearance down to a few days a week.

• Oh my gosh.. I just wash my face with soap and it's enough.

• how long does it take to do all that?

• All these things to generally alternate natural beauty? I think so.

• so I'm not allowed to wash my hair or face? I should be ALL natural? haha.

• Well of course for hygene reasons but other then that I think the rest is unnecessary.

What Girls Said 8

• That seems a lot to me...

I use:

Shampoo

Spray in conditioner

Shine serum

Face wash

Moisturiser if I can be bothered, so that's like once a week.

Foundation

Eye liner

Mascara

Eyeshadow if I'm in the mood.

I wash my hair every other day, once a day is bad for it. I'm confused why you're using so much oily based things (2 conditions and an oil treatment) on you're hair, you don't look like your hair is that thick...

The face stuff seems fine, although I don't really go in for this cream this and that.

If you're happy with it then carry on but it must cost you a fortune!

• Probably but I'm no better.

I use the following on a daily basis:

Hair:

Shampoo

Conditioner

heat protectant

smoothing serum

root lifting spray

hairspray

Face:

skin clearing cream

lotion

primer

foundation

concealer

bronzer

highlighter

eye primer

three eyeshadows

liner - white and black

mascara

fake lashes

lipstick

mattifying powder

setting spray

Body:

tanning cream

lotion

...now that I write that all out...YIKES!

I feel so high maintenance. lol

• I don't think you need to shampoo and condition your hair daily, I pretty sure a good rinse will be fine. Washing it daily can strip it of natural oils, everything else seems fine.

• You don't need to condition and deep condition it your hair every day. If you're going to condition your hair, don't use the deep conditioner. And you shouldn't be using a deep conditioner every day either.

And if you're using the hot oil hair treatment, why are you using the deep conditioner as well? They both have the same purpose. Don't use both of them the same day and every single day. Both products are to be used once a week. If you really want to use both, use a deep conditioner one week and a hot oil hair treatment another week.

And why would use anti-frizz cream since the hot oil hair treatment is supposed to help eliminate dry and frizzy hair?

Everything else is fine, but you're doing beyond too much for your hair. You're not making it any healthier.

• Yes that's a bit much. You could cut a bunch of those products out and no one could tell the difference in your appearance. IMO that's way too long to spend primping on a daily basis

• The face routine and makeup seems normal, but the hair products list is long as heck!

Using too many products can cause build up in your hair, and washing your hair too often will strip it of its natural oils and result really dry hair. Maybe next time you go to a hairdresser, ask her what you should do to get your hair the way you want it.

• Why do you need conditioner, deep conditioner & hot oil hair treatment daily? I'd use one only. Also those deep conditioning/hot oil treatments are usually meant to be once a week yeah? It probably doesn't benefit you too much to be using it daily.

What's anti-heat cream? Does it protect your hair from heat?

Everything else is alright, just the conditioner thing is excessive.

• It looks like a lot. But reading what they do, doesn't seem like all that much,lol. Most of it is hair and skin stuff anyway. But I don't think all of that is necessary for everyday (the hair stuff).

• you haven't seen my natural hair, haha. it's VERY frizzy and VERY dry.

• If it's really dry, are you able to cut out scrunching gel and shampoo every 2 days? Or does it get too oily / start to smell? lol What about dry shampoo? I'm just thinking that if your hair is already frizzy and dry, you'd want to help it out without over doing things. Change of diet?