Have you ever tried eye brow waxing at home?

This is probably more of a question for girls but guys can answer if they want. I have always waxed my eye brows myself. I would really like to get it done professionally but I don't want to pay $20+. That seems a little ridiculous to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I only pluck as it is just free after you buy a pair of tweezers you don't have to keep buying strips and it's just quicker. I would advice you to get them done in a beauty salon first a couple of times just to establish the right shape for your face and $20? no way, you can get it done cheaper than that, over here in the UK it only coasts us like £5 and people who have a home beauty buisness charge like £3 even, look around and try and find somewhere cheaper but I honestly advice you to get them done 3 or 4 times first because then you can buy a cheap pair of tweezers (I would reccomend the precision ones) I have 2 pairs the precision ones and ones with a shaper end to get snaller hairs if they don't come out with the others, precision ones tweeze the hairs out faster as it grabs quite a few hairs. I would definitely not try to touch them yourself first as I tried to do that and ended up waxing the top of my eye brows when your only meant to do them from undereneeth and do it thinner from there, the tops are still growing back. I get them done again every now and then too just to keep the shape of my eyebrows as they can do it better than me. It's definat;ly worth getting them done though, I'm going to get them done again in 2 weeks time (2 weeks because that's how long they take to grow back again, yours probably will too), I can't really keep the shape entirely.

What Guys Said 4

• Never needed to, I've always been told I have very distinctive eyebrows actually!

• i tried to wax the space inbetween once with home maid wax, did not work out and that is pretty insane and I am to understand it hurts way more if go place

• i no nothing of this kind of stuff, but I would say that you should at least have a friend help. LOL

• Yes always do it! and pluck!

What Girls Said 13

• HAHHAHAHHAHAHA I totally read your question wrong... I thought it said eyebrow "boxing", and I thought, "Man, boxing with your eyebrows?! That must take a lot of skill!"

to answer your question though, I just tweeze anyway, because I don't have to waste any money on the wax even. I think it is completely absurd to pay that much to loose a few eyebrow hairs...

• They charge that much where you live? I've never been to a salon that charged more than $8.

But to answer your question, I haven't but I would. I've just always been scared to do it accurately. I normally just use a tweezer.

• the salon I go to for my eyebrows only charges $15 and for another 6 months or so I don't need to go because theyre easy to maintain by tweezing away any hairs that happen to come in.

• ive never tried waxing my eye brows at home, I just tweeze I get a lot of compliments on my eye brows and I really don't do that much to them...just tweeze them when I have the time and remember to lol. but anyway back to you this is what I would do either find somewhere that can do it cheaper, if not you could just go there and get it done ONCE and ask them questions and pay attention while they do it so you could do it at home. or do you know someone who does eye brow waxing at home? maybe they could help you through it the first few times you do it.

Good luck!

• From my experience, waxing at home sucks. You always have to repeat an area because it never comes of in the first 2-3 tries (if it comes off at all) and it's really messy. I don't do it professionally because of the cost and time.

In this beauty shop I go to, they usually have these cool little shaver eye brow trimmers that work pretty well. They're about .50$ each and I'm pretty sure you can get it at any ethnic beauty store.

• I am afraid to shave my eye brows because it causes the hair to grow in thicker. And I actually use these wax strips that are a lot like tape only with a thin layer of wax for the sticky part. It works really well without much of a mess. But I don't have especially thick eye brows so it works well for me.

• Don't worry, your hair will never grow in thicker if you shave it. When hair is cut, it will grow at a slanted blunt edge which will make it appear as it has grown thicker, but it hasn't. :)

Which strips do you use? The Nair ones?

• No, only plucking

• That's how I do it. Well you're gonna need someone to help you 'cause you can't do it yourself ha ha :P You can go on Sephora.com or go to the store they have a mini wax kit that lasts for quite a while, you just heat up the wax, apply it with a stick, and rip off a cloth. Easy. It's only $12 too.

• I've never done anything with my brows. If I did they'd cease to exist; they are already too fair and thin.

• I only use tweezers on my eyebrows.

And I completely agree that paying that much is ridiculous.

• nope I haven't I just use tweezers. It sounds painful though lol ones who do it damn you're strong

• Yup. My eyebrows don't need much shaping so it's really just for tidying up. I much prefer it to tweezing, which I despise. I love getting my eyebrows threaded, but I'm usually to lazy to go to through much effort.

• My mom owns a salon and she only charges $8.

• Yeah but I prefer tweezing.

• I get very impatient with tweezing

• I just find messing around with a waxing kit annoying and tedious lol and since my brows aren't that dense it's a huge waste of time for me. Tweezing lessens the chance of stuffing up. Are you asking if you should wax your brows at home? I'd say go ahead, just make sure you know what you're doing or what kind of brows match your face.