'The sexiest women in the world- Should they be allowed to wear makeup?

There is a magazine called FHM, and they do an article on the 'sexiest women in the world', and I was wondering wouldn't be better if the women were not wearing makeup so people can see a better representation of what they actually look like?

Most Helpful Girl

• idk I don't like lists like that but some of the hottest women I know wear tons of makeup. my roommates would be considered pretty (not that I'm attracted to them) and they each spend about 20+ minutes applying makeup in the morning.

i agree with you though but that's the point - theyre the most gorgeous with their faces on, the image they have, etc. also sexiness may be defined as something other than just looks (though yes that's 90% in cases like this). in reality, in you do some ridiculous rating or comparison with those women and some of the non-celebrities, non-models I know in real life, without makeup of any kind or perhaps very minimal (which is still slightly dishonest, but that's the world), they probably wouldn't be rated as the sexiest. in fact many many normal women would probably be rated as prettier and sexier than they are.

makeup can transform your face, no doubt about it. my cousin is a makeup artist and I've seen her completely change people, to the point where my own attraction to them changed. you still have to be working with certain features to begin with, however, that doesn't mean you'll be "pretty" without makeup on. many times you will be, but you can be just okay looking and if you have certain features that can be easily molded or features that won't stick out too much and resist the flow of the look the makeup artist is going for, then you will look gorgeous when they are finished with your face.

top that off with all the digital reimaging that happens with models (im not saying it happened on this list) and you just stop obsessing over these fake images. sometimes I don't even say "shes so gorgeous" sometimes ill say "wow, I love her makeup" lol

as a result I don't take these lists too seriously, but its true that many celebs (maybe not all the ones on that list, at least not in my opinion) are very very beautiful and attractive for my tastes.

im ranting. but yes, I agree. and that would help womens perception of themselves once they realize that what is pushed up as "sexiest" isn't real.

however the magazine may not get great responses. as odd as it is, the average person doesn't want to see the natural beauty around them, they are more likely to respond to fake images that embody the artificial model of perfection. we are partly to blame. if magazines knew more people would respond to that, they would do it more. why would they make decisions that would hurt their sales?

i don't think the models would care too much, especially if they are celebs. I mean I'm sure many of them would, but they usually have embarrassing photos out or makeup-less photos out at some point anyway. I think if they knew it would help their fans love them more, some of them would do it. of course, many wouldnt.

What Guys Said 5

• It would be great, but it will never happen. The whole industry is built around making models look exceptional, and "way above average" and so they use every trick in the book to make sure they maintain that. And the tricks available today are incredibly sophisticated.

• Well FHM (For Him Magazine) is a magazine that usually depicts women at their physical best with some help from makeup and photoshop.To me a sexy woman doesn't necessarily have to be the most good looking but a woman who exudes confidence and has an alluring uniqueness to her that is pleasant to the eye and mind. If some make up , a swimsuit and photoshop help enhance her sexiness then so be it. It's fantasy.

• Allowed? Of course. They own themselves. They are not obligated to give us any representation beyond what they choose.

If you are wild and woolly, should you be allowed to shave or wax?

• The girls in question would never allow their image to be compromised like that, because it's their livlihood.

I doubt you could find one of those girls who'd even let a non-photoshopped image appear in a magazine. Never mind make-up free.

• what difference would that make?

then there would be different girls who are gorgeous naturally, what would we complain about after that? lol

What Girls Said 4

• no...most women wear makeup, and all women look better with some, regardless of her overall attractiveness. if a very attractive woman looks a lot uglier without makeup, imagine what an average woman looks like without makeup.

• I don't agree with you saying all women look better with some makeup.

• Totally agree with you.

• Well then they should have another article titled the sexiest makeup less women of the world.

• but then those same women may not be deemed as 'sexy' :p