Girls would you wear clothing from the 1950's?

link Would you or do you wear stuff like that? If so how often?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, and I do all the time. I'm fascinated with vintage clothing and lingerie, and think that the ear from the 30's through the early 60's was the heyday for womens fashions.Also, it might be just me, but women were a lot pretier and classier back then.No Britney or Lady Ga Ga for me. I'll take a young Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Donna Reed.Ingrid Bergman anytime.

• Well... To each his own ,I guess. Everybody has their favorite time, and favorite celebrities from that period.I know I have mine.God, if I could go back in time just long enough to ravish Liz Taylor,or Maureen O'Hara, or Audrey Hepburn, I'd be one happy girl.

What Girls Said 12

• i honestly like some of the dresses that they used to wear. I don't wear any now, but I wouldn't mind wearing them occasionally. why do you ask? then maybe I can give a more helpful answer lol

• I asked because I like the clothing they wore back then, I think it's sexy in a way.

• oh gotcha lol yea I like them. I have no idea where to really get anything like that though. and I feel like nowadays we dress more casually on a daily basis than they did back then so just wearing those dresses would probably be seen as "too much."

• Yes, but with a modern twist. Some clothing I own are vintage and look very nice because I pair them with modern-day pieces.

• I think those dresses are great some of them are bit too much for today. While I think they are pretty, I'm afraid people would think I'm weird.

They are also exremley hard to get. I have been looking for this kind of dresses but I only have 2

• I would wear something 50s inspired, but not something ACTUALLY from the 50s. I guess as often as I wear dresses.

• About once a year for Halloween/or for a 50s theme party. I think its cute, but I wouldn't want to wear it everyday (I don't want to look like I am stuck in the past.).

• Its cute but I never wear dresses. Maybe for a special occasion like going to a wedding or something.

• I would wear it for a day or so,...but its not really my style.But I dig that style for sure!

• No, not on a regular basis.

• Yes, I would.

• I love it. A lot of the dresses I have seen in the last couple years definitely are 50's inspired. I particularly like the bombshell look. I would wear it whenever I felt like it and it was appropriate.

• Oh yeah, it's cute. Why do you think "Mad Men" inspired clothing is going over so well?

That being said, putting hours into your appearance every day isn't practical in this era, so it would be more of an occasional thing.

• How would wearing a 50's dress be putting hours into your appearence?

• Putting on any kind of dress typically consists of at least an hour of work, if not more. When girls put on dresses, they like to do their hair and makeup a little more "done up". Doesn't have to be JUST 50's style "poodle" dresses

• True. Very true. A little sundress of something seems to match a casual hairstyle more than a "dressy" dress, though.

• Not all of them. They look nice, but they're not my style.

Things like this: link , I would wear, but a lower neck line suits me better.

Most of my casual dresses are like this: link but I don't like the fabric design on that dress.

Why do you ask? You like 50s fashion? It will come round again.

• Why will it come around again? I do like the fashion.

• It always goes round again. 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Not exactly the same, but very inspired. That's UK fashion though. I'm not sure if it's the same elsewhere.

What Guys Said 0