Guys, do you prefer tomboys or girlie girls?

I am a tomboy and all the girls at school think I'm crazy. I dress like a guy almost everyday because it is way more comfortable. None of the guys at my school are interested in me because I am like one of the guys. And I do almost everything they do.

P.S. Do you think that doing things the guys like (paint balling, fixing cars, playing video games, and watching sports) is a bad thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly think a girl can like video games and paint balling and the like without coming off as some meathead tomboy. These are activities, they are adventurous and exciting, how is that a gender based thing? What defines a girl is the way she holds herself and her personality. Plus, I know plenty of girls who dress like guys and you know what? It's damn sexy to me, it depends on how she rocks it.

What Guys Said 16

• Most guys like tomboy personality, but hot.

They're not 'not' interested in you because you are 'like one of the guys'. If you are decent looking, wear tight clothing, are 'one of the guys' and learn to flirt, you'll get boyfriend way easier then most girlie girls.

• yeah way easier until they realize that you are just like every other girl! and than they will dump you for the girl who gets up and puts on a lb of makeup.

• most guys assume that a girl with a tomboy personality does not have any problems..

• well, that really depends ^-^

you don't have to dress girl'ish to be cute

and you can still be cute/attractive if you're

a tomboy

it all depends on how you act, I think ^-^

also, if there's a party somewhere, you could

try to dress really feminine/girly and whatever.. lol

to kind of, show your friends, that you're still a girl

afterall.. if you don't mind doing that, no certainty that

will work though <3

• Girlie girls when it comes to looks. I'd love to have a girl who likes paint balling and playing video games though. I don't really care for sports, and I don't know how to fix a car, so that would make me feel a bit emasculated.

I think your boyish looks do you the most damage. If you dressed a bit more feminine, you'd get a lot more attention.

• What do you mean more feminine? I mean I guess I can wear nicer girl shirts but do you think that would get me more attention from the guys?

• not all girls are comfy wearing tight fitted clothing. they want to be sure a guy is not just talking to her because she has boobies. which is fine except that some people might assume she's a guy from behind...especially if her hair is short..

• You can say whatever you want, but looks are still a vital part of initial attraction. I understand the dangers of just attracting guys for the physical part, but even guys who are looking for an emotional bond want girls that look appealing to them. That emotional attraction just develops a bit later.

Look, I understand your point, and she can do whatever she wants. But the fact remains that she said she doesn't attract guys at school. I was pointing out what she can do to attract them.

• I've never met a guy who was turned off by that. At least not one that was capable of attracting a female.

I generally seem to get along with masculinized females, which is what you're describing. It will be something of a turnoff if she can't or won't wear a dress or display any sort of femininity, though.

• I like girlie girls that like being "one of the guys" every once in a while... It's important for a girl to embrace her femininity, but it's awesome when she shows interest in what you do and your hobbies, as a man.

• Either is fine with me, but mmore often than not, I like girlie-girls.

• I do prefer tomboys. Better to have a girl I can sleep with and follow it up with a bro-fist at the end. :)

• i dont think its a bad thing. but do you sometimes wear cute shorts? im jus asking, cuz if you do, and your with your guy friends playing video games, has it ever happened that one of then lays his head on your thigh while playing video games? or like has it happened that one guy friend laid his head on your right thigh and another guy friend laid his head on your left thigh while playing video games? i ask you if that ever happened to you cus i seen that happen before

• Girly. But don't change for other people, wear what makes you feel comfortable.

• girly :) but don't change your self someone will like you one day I think. not sure.

• I don't like tomboy because I like girlie girls

I don't do any of the things you do with your guy friends lol

If you want some more attention from guys, add some flare to your wardrobe and accentuate your womanly figure and flirt

Good luck

• I don't like tomboys, I'm attracted to girlie girls way more!

• I like girls...tomboy OR girlie...(:(:(:

• guys like EVERYTHING with boobs and vagina, get it into your head women

• No..I like tomboys..they are more natural...easy to talk with, and not like Barbie dolls

• but you don't take them seriously...in the long run you guys remain friends and you move on to the model girl.

• I prefer girlie girls. Their appearance is better to me.

A girl having some of the same interests as me is fine, but I don't want most of our interests to overlap. A tomboy is probably too similar, and I'd feel obligated to invite her on almost everything I do, which is not fun at all.

• So how should I make guys like me? How would I be able to get rid of all the things I love to do because paint balling is one of my favorite things to do.

• I suppose it's not necessary, but it may drive the point home. If you do ever change your mind about it, just remember to use it only in moderation.

• i don't wear make up, and it hasn't been a problem, hun if a guy can't see you just as beautiful with out make up then he isn't worth it

What Girls Said 4

• I consider myself to be a tomboy, and I never had any complaints. Any complaints came from girls who thought I should dress what they consider to be "pretty". But I always likes to climb trees, play on the monkey bars, and as I got older I always worked, so I preferred to be comfortable.

I am a nice person, I think I am cool to talk to, and never had a problem making friends...mind you, I went 12 schools throughout my life.

If you can carry a conversation, you have good hygiene, you can make them laugh, , and have similar interests, in most cases...you're there dream girl. :)

• the guys who like girlie girls are more sentimental and endearing wear as the guys who like tomboys are more grunters and less in touch with their emotions...

• you're a f***ing lesbian just admit it and move on like I had to do when none of the guys would take me seriously because I'm one of the guys!

• Be who you are and you will find a guy who loves you for it. Be more concerned about quality and not quantity. If most guys want the girlie girl then let them have a girlie girl because some guys prefer tomboys, that is what I mean by quality vs quantity.

• girly girls have abetter chance of being asked out..tomboyz jjust get what's left over

• That's not true at all. I am a tomboy, a girlie tomboy admittedly but still a tomboy and I have my pick of guys. Literally, I get guys before the girls who are all girlie girl and the girls who are all tomboy. I guess I am the best of both worlds.