What are girls with little clothing on trying to accomplish?

You know what I am talking about, girls with very short dresses, skirts, with see through clothing, or in some cases they look like they are only wearing bras?

Why do they dress like that? I am not against dresses and skirts, but some women are just over the top, which seem most women these days.

ok why would you want to look sexy for?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well they may not know how to dress in general or theyre doing it for sexiness to attract male attention in most cases.

I wear what's seen to be as non conservative and outlandish but you will never see me with outfits tight and up my butt, that's embarassing. And hanging out with a lot of guys we all laugh and guys seem to think like you said that the girls wearing those things are doing too much just keep it simple. I would just look sexy for my dam self really, no one else really matters lol.

What Girls Said 5

• I tend to go with the rule of one body part at a time to leave mystery.

Like a short skirt with a high neck top or a lace shirt with jeans

Otherwise I think it looks a little much- it looks desperate not trendy

• You just have to be careful with what you put together, or else it looks horrible. Wednesday I was walking to a cafe right next to campus and ended up walking behind a girl wearing

A white hoodie

Tight, thin, black yoga/whatever pants

And knee high rain boots.

... seriously >.<

And this isn't the first time I've seen girls on campus wear stuff like this. I see it from about every tenth girl, it's HIDEOUS.

and there is the fact that they started this while it was still cold (in MICHIGAN)

• Haha I don't own any of those items so no worries there. My usual clothing is a 1960s wiggle dress

• too look cute, feel sexy, and to attract guys. and sometimes we just wanna feel sexy for no reason in particular, we just do. what's wrong with dressing up every now and then? as long as it's not everyday that someone is dressed like that

• they feel sexy

they try to get attention

• what kind of attention?

• ok makes sense

• This sounds like a horrible idea to me =/... YES you get attention, but you mainly get the attention of guys who just want to have sex. To all the other guys (most of which wouldn't cheat on you) all you care about is sex, so they expect that if they date you, you'll just end up sleeping around at the same time. :(

• They just might feel attractive and sexy in their choice of clothing.

• to look sexy, maybe?

• @update: I could explain, but its rare men ever have a valid grasp of understanding on the issue.

• no I want to know...or what is the point of you saying that?

• I just feel like this question is always asked with a preconceived notion which makes answering the question pointless lol.

but they often do it to help make them feel good about themselves, to stand out and get attention they wouldn't get otherwise, or to attract someone specific. there are a million reasons why some women do it, including peer pressure and things.

What Guys Said 5

• They're trying to hard for attention but little do they know it just makes them look ridiculous. It's not different than if some guy was walking around half naked. It might catch your eye but at the end of the day your going to think he's strange.

• Only in America do girls dress like skanks one day and wear sweat pants the next. It's like hookers and hobos all over the country.

Sadly, for women in America, actual style is a dead concept.

• So guys can lust after the girl or see her as eye candy.

• They want to attention, but when guys look at them, we're perverts. Go figure.

• attention is my guess