It's a Makeup Question!

My skin tends to get a little oily by the end of the night. I don't wear cream makeup but I would like to try it. Is cream eyeshadow okay for someone with an oily skin type to wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I am really oily too and I can help you out. The key to making your eyeshadows last all day is using an eye primer. I recommend either Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. You can get them at Sephora and they are under $20. You just apply it under your eyeshadow and you will not have to touch up all day long. As far as cream shadows go, you can use them just do not put them above your eye lid because otherwise its going to crease on you. You can set it by putting a powder eye shadow over it to make it stay longer and prevent creasing.

I know you didn't ask about it but the best foundation for oily skin that I have found is Revlon Colorstay. Put it on in the morning and it will not come off until you take it off. It costs between 10 and 13 dollars depending on where you get it. Just set it with some powder and that makeup is not going anywhere. I have tried many products and Revlon Colorstay is the only one that I have found that stays on all day and I find that it looks really natural.

Also, instead of using powder throughout the day, I reccomend getting Clean & Clear oil blotting papers. They cost between 4 and 5 dollars and you get 50 sheets. I know that walgreens also has their own brand that only costs 3 dollars. Its better to use blotting papers than powder because powder just cakes up and blotting papers literally remove the oil from your face and they don't just cover up the oil like powder does.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I am by far not a fan of cream makeup. I don't like the way it feels on my skin, and it tends to turn a real ugly colour afterwards. Well on me it does. I like the old fashioned powdered!:)

• Thats what I use but I noticed a lot of girls seem to be wearing cream and it got me thinking if that looked dated or not?