Difference in male and female opinion of "pretty"?

Girls say I'm pretty and guys say I'm "plain"

I'm curious what y'all think...

one link

two link

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty - meaning you have nice features.

Plain - meaning you do not stand out.

• I think you're a mix of both really. Try doing some fun hairstyles, wearing some cool clothing, playing around with make up, to give yourself a look that would make you stand outa little.

What Guys Said 5

• You look very cute, but you have an innocent look about you, and a lot of guys your age, in particular the good-looking/confident ones that are most desired and most likely to approach girls, are more focused on "sexual" beauty. Since you seem more innocent by your appearance, those guys assume that they probably won't get easy sex from you, so they don't waste their time on you.

A simple change of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup could have those same guys all over you, but I'm not sure you'd really like or want that, even if you think you do. Here are some examples of some girls who look similar to you (long, straight blond hair) except for hair, make-up, and clothes:

link

link

Anyway, the guys who find you attractive just the way you are (i.e., not overtly sexual) tend to be shy or intimidated by girls, so they're probably not voicing any opinions of how you look, but they're out there.

• girls are nice, guys are honest...

• thats a bit too generalized haha

• She looks waay too young

• what do you mean?

• As in he doesn't want to comment because it could be illegal as well as inappropriate should she not be of legal age

• haha the pics are of me. I turn 19 in 2 months

• Who am I to say she is not liz hurley. Fit girl. Nice.

• she seems nice :)

• personality or looks? haha.

could you be more clear? :)

• thanks haha. you never mentioned anything how I physically look though. you can be perfectly honest, I'm not going to get upset.

• A bit plain

Mix it up a little!

Learn about makeup

Get your hair done in layers

Wear trendy / not revealing clothes

Good luck!

This is my personal preference but I like a girlie girl so accentuate your girlie side :)

What Girls Said 6

• I think the BA gave a good explanation. You are an attractive girl for sure, but your style doesn't wow. I think you have bombshell potential if you are willing to work at it.

• Yes, guys think over-all appearance and girls think more specific. Yes, you are plain, but I'm plain too and it's definitely not a bad thing. A little makeup can go a long way. I would say you are naturally pretty.

• I don't think that guys are always great judges on female beauty. Most of them go for flashy women, not women who are necessarily naturally beautiful. I think that you're a pretty girl. You'd probably get more attention with a little mascara.

• I definitely agree with you about the judging haha

• Girls and guys have different ideas of pretty.

Like, girls go gaga over Emma Watson(with short hair), Michelle Williams, Kristen Stewart(that's her name right?) where as guys are gushing over Sofia Vergara, Mila Kunis, Eva Longoria, Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bundchen.

My opinion of you shouldn't matter and I hope no one elses does.

• i'm not taking y'alls opinions to heart ha ha I was just curious about the difference

• someone says*

• do appreciate*

i just can't type tonight it seems haha

• You look plain, in my opinion.

Try different hairstyles that suits your face.

Teeth whitening.

• i've tried different hairstyles and trust me...long straight hair works best

• You're plain. Guys usually tell the truth when you ask them this but most girls don't want you to feel bad so they lie.

• i've never asked specifically for their opinion, they voluntarily complimented me so I highly doubt they were thinking "hey, I'm going to just randomly lie to her cause I feel like it".

but thanks for your opinion :)