Do you ever think about how much time and effort we put on looking good?

And smelling/feeling good? If you think about it, in the natural world, say if we were to camp out for a good few weeks without beauty products, it would feel really different. I don't have anything against proper hygiene. But, also shaving and the other things we do. Its actually a lot. I went traveling this summer for a month. My hair was already too long. But, by the end of the trip, it was really bothering me. And my eyebrows looked pretty freaky. Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm getting at. It's like this whole procedure to look good because its how it is in society. Would you prefer to not "look good"? Showering is good. Personally, I don't mind doing it because it makes me feel good. But, sometimes, I just want to not care.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• We spend way too much time with artificial enhancements,'s gor sure.

• Iv gone 2 weeks without showering when I was camping in the desert and it was amazing. It didn't matter then my beard grew scragley and thick, it didn't matter that the girls hair was wild looking. It was nice to just be and put aside physicality so when we spoke to one another we were in the same boat. No one was above one another, we determined that on speech and quickness of thought rather then appearance like the entire world goes off of. I hate all the bullsh*t tied to our looks.

• Haha well I have gone camping for 3 week before in the mountains and about every week I would do a little bird bath and just wash off the dirt and stuff but generally I take a shower in the morning and I am good for the day.

What Girls Said 3

• I could handle a world without make-up and hair dye but I seriously couldn't last that long without shaving my armpits or legs or plucking my eyebrows, not because society expects us to do that but because I'd feel uncomfortable and unfeminine in myself if I couldn't do that. I do agree that society expects us to look perfect nowadays but it's all down to the insecurities and expectations of the individual. For me, looking good and maintaining beauty is a big part of my career so although it's a long process of grooming it can be worthwhile however I wouldn't mind a break from the make-up every now and again.

• No, because I'm naturally beautiful and sexy. Guys get in car accidents trying to check me out as I walk to the park to workout & they always tell me how they wish they could be with me. I'm just so naturally gorgeous

lulz

kidding

My least favorite part of maintenance is shaving, cause I have sensitive skin and it takes about 30 minutes lol -_- I must be a retard cause a lot of girls get it done in a couple of minutes

Then I have braces, so it's a process to floss, brush(with a manual toothbrush at first, then an electric toothbrush) and then to rinse with Listerine or ACT

I don't mind looking like sh*t. When I wear light, nudish makeup I look like I do in the pic on my profile (LOL--terrible, I know) but without makeup, I'm also pretty average and plain haha

• im au naturale. I don't do sh*t. unless there's something important. but on a day to day basis I really don't do anything. except shower.