What do guys think of a ring on the right hand finger?

I wear this small heart gold ring on my right hand ring finger that my parents gifted me, its special to me so I wear it but I can't fit it on any other fingers... would guys assume I am engaged?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I do depending on the design of the ring. I don't know where you live, but I know that in some countries either ring finger means engaged. My two cousins wear their wedding bands on their right. Also, recently I met a woman that had her engagement ring on her right ring finger. It's common, so most of the time I assume they are and don't bother with them.

What Guys Said 1

• Since it is a special keepsake, maybe you might consider having it resized just for you ... it won't cost much =)

What Girls Said 2

• Engagement rings are notably worn on the LEFT hand side to avoid confusion :P but some guys and people in general just see a ring and make assumptions without looking for the correct side. Technically, you shouldn't worry but because of these assumptions you may want to consider having it altered to fit another finger.

• I have one too :D Same finger & hand.