What do you think of lip reduction surgery + rhinoplasty?

Lip reduction meaning lips on the FACE

Rhinoplasty, meaning nose

Examples include:

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

I've wanted rhinoplasty since I was about 12(not exaggerating) & I'm now 18. I've brought it up to my mom and she's like "you don't need it" but I think it's something I can persuade her on cause she almost got my sister rhinoplasty cause my sister hated her nose also.

I've been thinking of lip reduction for the last 2 years or so.

I'm not gonna base my decision off of y'all, just looking for thoughts(though I do know to expect the negative POVs). Opinions on a lip reduction + rhinoplasty

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the difference is insignificant.

The only woman I find attractive from those links is this ( link ) both before & after she looks good... but if really honest - she looks better in 'after'

However, In the rest of pics they look same bad in 'before' and 'after'.

As I mentioned, in most cases the difference is insignificant.

What Guys Said 8

• Frankly..not sure why you are asking...so you can bash us? I don't really have any ideas regarding lip surgery..so no comment...I can well understand why someone would want a nose job...most guys on here will say that initial attraction is very much tied to looks/physical features...that would not change your genes however...will your offspring than need nose jobs as well? Not sure what parameters define the need for a nose job...big ole honsker with a hook? In that case, I might get a nose job as well...maybe consider adopting? o.O

• I like big lips. :( I'm not in favor of lip reductions. The nose thing is understandable. I've seen people with messed up noses. Just make sure the end product doesn't look like Michael jacksons nose. Haha

• In most of the pics I don't even notice a difference between the before and after, I think the person who gets it done sees the change more than anyone else, and if that makes you feel better then do whatever ya like, its your money

• Honestly, I think its a waste of money but hey your gonna do what the f*** you want right?

• With the exception of the link you posted of the girl with the sort of hooked nose, I don't see any real significant differences or problems with the "before" shots, and I don't find them any more attractive in the "after" shots, for that matter.

I mean, if you're sure you're going to be satisfied with the results, then go for it, I guess. But if it's insecurities about minor things that are consuming you, then you'll probably just find new things to hate about yourself once you're done.

• And yeah, Stop staring at yourself in the mirror too much! You'll only find out things about yourself that only makes your life a mess. Just go out there and put up a smile!

• Yeah "queefy"s right! Unless you have some deformed lips, you should not proceed lip reduction!

The nose job its up to you. Know the consequences and make a decision that you won't regret (however you may decide)!

• I'm not a believer in cosmetic surgery for ostensibly aethestic reasons.

What Girls Said 6

• I totally understand the want of a nose job. The nose is the center point of your face and an unattractive nose can have a big effect on whether or not you're considered attractive. Getting a more attractive nose could boost your confidence, but remember that it can make you look totally different, and you have to be ready for that.

As for the lips, I personally think bigger lips are more attractive but again can understand wanting to change something you don't like.

If you are emotionally and financially ready for the surgeries then I see no reason not to get them.

• I think it's fine. Rhinoplastly, especially if you're just getting tip done, isn't super expensive. I've been wanting to get my tip done since I was 13 or 14, and I've been looking into prices and places. I'm going to get it because it will make me happier. It won't be a huge difference but it'll make me feel less self concious about my smile (my tip has no definition and spreads out like a lump when I smile). If you know it will make you feel better about yourself, you should do it.

I'd start with just one procedure. Sometimes they'll give you a package deal, but I think you should start with one and go from there. I've never heard of someone getting their lips reduced (usually the other way around) but you can ask your surgeon. Smaller lips might balance out better with your new nose (if you get it done)

• Tbh I'd never heard of lip reduction surgery until I saw this. I didn't realize some people might want smaller lips since it's usually the other way around, they want bigger lips so they get surgery...

Personally I think big lips are gorgeous and I wish mine were fuller.

As for rhinoplasty - I have plans to get it done in the future and I'm all for getting it if it makes you more confident about your appearance. I wouldn't say anyone *needs* it and I won't ever tell someone that I dislike their nose (that's what happened to me and now I have confidence issues), most people's noses are perfectly fine the way they are. However, the way a person feels about their body is going to affect the way they carry themselves and the way they interact with others, so in the end I think the surgery will be worth it if you gain more confidence in your appearance.

• Well I understand nasal surgery...but lip reduction? Not unless it's awkward and deformed. Guys love large lips on a girl, it's one of your most sensuous features. Most of those girls on those pics looked better before not after.

• I'm not aiming for thin lips but thin lipped girls get guys too. big lips are overrated

• I never heard big lips being overrated. If you notice the girls who are rated the most beautiful in the world all have large lips.

• I never said I was going for thin lips and I'm not aiming to be on Maxim lol

• I think all surgery that alters looks is ridiculous and you should just stay the way you were made.

• Maybe the nose thing.. lips ehh I don't really know about. Either way if you want to alter yourself I don't see the issue. It's your body and you are an adult. !