I need a new style (clothes help)

I am turning 24 in June and I wanna keep my rocker style going for a few more years. I am to old to shop at Hot Topic unless I just want a band shirt. What is a look I can still pull off at 24 that is rocker style?

And is a plain black shirt and dark jeans or leggings with a tunic an okay look at my age? That is what I currently wear.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know how you would feel about this, I guess it depends what nitch of the alternative society you are from, but you could go for rockabilly.

A lot of goths and punks that I know have found their ways into this style or incorporated it into their style.

It's very classy and can also be dark and rockin' which is cool if you are looking to become a professional.

link

link

link

link

link

But in all honesty do whatever floats your boat, be honest to yourself.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• 'Rocker's' a bit vague.

I mean, I suppose it depends on how much of that style you want to keep.

The easiest way to be classy, dress your age, but still have that edge is a good leather jacket. Pair it with dark jeans and a gothic looking chiffon blouse - white or black either works. It's a classic look but it's still edgy. Add a couple of accessories and some black eyeliner.

Wet look leggings are good for a rock vibe too. Black, lace up, heeled angle boots. Or without a heel if you don't like wearing them. Instantly add an edge to any outfit, even if it's just jeans and a vest. Essentially you just need to make everything slightly more sophisticated than you would have worn say in high school - it doesn't mean the same staples can't apply - just match them with other things.

The more simple the outfits, generally the better. On or two colors, or go black all over with a statement bag, or scarf or something like that.

• *ankle boots. Eh - but maybe also invest in some black knee highs too - they're great over black/grey/dark blue skinnies for a 'rock' vibe.