How common is this?

To have green eyes. Not blue green, like dark green. They range from that to greyish. I love them though. :)

kinda like this. : link

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not very common.

I have green eyes but they're changing color in different lighting.

Green eyes are 'produced' when one of parents(or ancestors) got brown eyes and the other one got blue eyes, so in places where people of southern and northern regions have met(or have stolen some women from) green eyes are more common.

About 1-2% of the total population of the world have green eyes.

Turkey is a country with the highest percentage of green-eyed people - around 20% because they're quite much genetically mixed.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Redheads and Irish women ofte hae this color eyes...Naturally I think they're super..

0|0
    0|0
  • it seems a lot like my eye color. my eyes used to be blue but turned this color I don't know why or when though...

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently it's the least common eye color. Only 1-2% of the world's population have green eyes. Consider yourself lucky. If you go to places like Norther/Southern Europe, Iceland, Sweden, they're more common there. Hazel and other colors have green hues to them, so including them, about 12% of the population has green eyes/green hues.

0|0
    0|0
  • about 2% have green eyes

0|0
    0|0
  • Redheads. Something about redheads, especially the natural ones, makes them have green eyes. No idea why

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Not sure. I've seen less people with the bright light green eyes, and more with that dark greenish / hazel eye

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what my eyes look like! Dude...I'm not the only one. Way cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • One in a million

0|0
    0|0
  • Not very common and even more so depending on hair color

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure but your not the only one with color changing eyes but gressn is less common

0|0
    0|0