Is a 26 BMI OK? healthy?

I have a 26 , I don't feel unhealthy , I exercise 3 times a week and I eat healthy , plus I think I look good .

Can 26 be healthy ?

Most Helpful Guy

• At BMI of 26 sounds good on paper even though the optimal BMI is between 19 and 25, but I'd still make sure that the fat:muscle ratio is also healthy. What is more important than BMI is waist to hip ratio and anything above 0.85 or a waist circumference of above 88 cm increases risk to develop disease

What Guys Said 4

• BMI is a cookie cutter measurement, it doesn't take into account how much of your weight is fat...so if you're exercising and eating healthy, don't worry. Still, it means you could stand to lose a little weight, and the sooner you do this, the better, it will be easier to lose weight while you are so young.

• Probably unhealthy by BMI measurements but BMI has many faults.If a lot of your weight is muscle, BM I doesn't calculate for it and gives to high a measurement.

• if you have been working out hard 3 times a week for a long time there is a good chance that you have a lot of muscles

so BMI won't be very accurate

• well according to Wikipedia it says you are one above the normal group just google stuff like this

What Girls Said 3

• Yes a BMI of 26 can be healthy. It all depends on how you are in everything health-wise overall. BMI is only a tool that should be used in combination of a bunch of different things to assess overall health.

There are a lot of athletes who have unhealthy BMI, but are healthy. This is because BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass. So I wouldn't care only about BMI. I would get a physical done at your dr's office, they will run a bunch of tests to see how you are overall for health.

• i believe it is healthy for a woman

• It certainley can be healthy. Try measuring your body fat percentage, that's a better indicator. For an average person your age, 26 is slightly too much though.