Do American girls wear make up a lot?

I'm Asian and here in my country girls don't usually wear make up especially when you are going to a mall or meeting with friend. just a lip gloss,curled eyelashes and powder we are solved. we are so conscious though of our hair to be straight and shiny, to have pale white flawless skin and nicely shaped eyebrows. my question is more out of curiosity Because my friend who lived in the US says that American girls wear make up a lot and I also sometimes want to try that look so my next question would be what comprises an American girls make up like if you are just going to a mall or on casual occasions? thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• i do say that a majority of American girls wear makeup

i wear makeup unless I'm only going to the gym or something.

i wear concealer under my eyes, eyeliner (nothing too heavy) and mascara.

i also fill in my eyebrows a bit with a pencil because I have a few sparse spots.

that's usually it, but if I am going to work or somewhere a little nicer like a date I'll add blush and lipcolor which is a dark nudeish color that makes my lips look darker but not obviously painted.

but if I am going somewhere fancy that I'd have to dress up, I'll probably do more makeup, use eyeshadow and possibly some darker liner/heavier mascara with it. but the eyeshadow changes the whole look.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• I'd say about 30% wear it daily, 50% wear it sometimes and 20% wear it like never. They usually wear pOwder or concealer, mascara, lipgloss like anyone else. Try looking up YouTube gurus like juicystar07 but most girls don't wear that much makeup every day

• You'll meet girls who wear it all the time and too much. Then some girls who wear it sometimes. Others who wear a tiny bit and others who don't at all. Make up is great but not when you look like a complete different person when you don't have it on or hate not wearing it. Everyone is different though. Guys usually don't like it when its too much. A little is fine that's all.

• As others have mentioned, there are girls who over do it and wear too much, then there are girls who wear it and you would never be able to tell and then there are ones who wear specific things.

If you're going for a natural look, I say, stay within the realms of tinted moisturizer or BB cream, mascara and lip gloss or tinted lip balms(pretty popular in the US). Or you could buy a pricier cheek and lip stain and use it as blush and a nice lip stain.

• you can look up gurus on YouTube, but usally they go overboard witht he makeup. I don't wear any. And I know a lot of people who wear none, but a lot of people wear a lot of makeup too

• Some times a lot of people go over board. I do a little like a moisturizer and mascara. I would say a good majority of girls in America wear makeup. If I am going to the mall I do what I said ^. I am not the hugest fan of makeup. It is best to take care of your skin now, makeup damages skin. I don't think their is anything wrong with makeup just not to much. It's not weird if you don't wear makeup and the guys I am around prefer for the girls to have on less than more.

• I don't wear any make up. No one thinks I'm different of weird. Actually some guys like it. I don't wear make up because I'm a tomboy so that might explain it too.

• i only wear mascara and maybe a little powder...but yeah I know a lot of girls who go all out for everything, even like going to grocery store