Who else agrees looks are subjective?

An okay looking person could be really cute to someone else.

I don't think people should make absolutes regarding looks. Their are very few people that are universally attractive or universally unattractive.

Am I alone with this belief? haha

0|0
7|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. Sometimes, I see a guy I find very attractive, but when I mention it to a friend, she's like "Are you serious? I don't find him attractive at all!". We're just all attracted to different features.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• totally agree.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agreed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree

0|0
    0|0
  • There*

I also agree with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • not alone

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• To a degree yes. Especially when it comes to idiosyncratic preferences (hair color and length, skin tone, body type). However, I think we can all agree that there are certain standards that the vast majority agree upon. If you conducted a poll asking men whether they would rather have sex with Beyonce or Oprah, or women whether they would rather have sex with Brad Pitt or Jonah Hill, you would get very lopsided results.

0|0
    0|0
  • does anyone actually disagree?

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree and agree at the same time. There are common indicators we associate with attractiveness all the time. Clear skin, nice teeth, good hair, height, symmetry, ratios, we all innately know these things. When it comes to the average person though, it may vary, but we all know what's attractive and what's not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sort of, but so many people are influenced by similar things (mainstream media) so in most cases conventional beauty as propagated by the media will be seen by the majority as the standard of beauty and the minority will see the other types of beauty. Just think about it if I were to say I saw a hot girl most people will think of women like Miranda Kerr or Mila Kunis and not Rosie O’Donnell or Donatella Versace. Also too many people care about what others will think about dating someone they find attractive who is far from the media influenced beauty that the majority of people go for

0|0
    0|0