Ladies, is it the worst thing for a guy if he has moobs?

Will you reject a guy for that reason alone? Even if he's a good guy who works hard and is very humble?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a pity that so many people are ignorant about what causes moobs.

As a sufferer of moobs in my teens (thankfully they are gone) they are caused by genetic predispositions and hormonal imbalances common in teenaged years. While moobs can be related to obesity due to fat build up around the chest and nipple area, this condition is known as pseudo-gynecomastia. Real moobs (gynecomastia) are due to a build up of glandular tissue which cannot be eliminated through diet or exercise, but must be surgically removed.

To summarize:

- Only some cases of moobs can be dealt with via exercise and diet. This is known as pseudo-gynecomastia.

- Real moobs are caused by a build up of glandular tissue and in no way reflect a person's lifestyle, and they cannot be eliminated via exercise or dieting. This is a condition known as gynecomastia.

- You guys are ignorant.

"Yep he's a worthless piece of sh*t if he has them. I mean really?!?!?!?"

"Can't do it, I've worked hard to stay in shape and I don't want a guy who won't do the same."

"I work me butt off to stay in shape and I think its fair that I want the same from my guy."

Man I hate people.

• It makes sense; girls can't alter the size of their breasts through exercise, either. How did you get rid of them, surgery?

• @QA: that's too bad, it's not only a cosmetic issue if it's causing to so much distress. :(

@yesthisisme: I think he was referring to the fact that you implied that QA's moobs are caused by the fact that he does not work hard to stay in shape, even though there is no connection between moobs and exercise, just like you can't change the shape of your feet by exercising.

• *causing you so much distress

What Girls Said 18

• wow. a lot of girls here are really mean.

I wouldn't care if he had moobs. I know this guy who's a varsity basketball player and is in shape and has some moobs. It's more of a genetic thing.

Also, if a guy was a little overweight, as long as it's not repulsive (like over 200 lbs or something) I'm okay. Especially if he's into working out. I'm a huge work-out freak and so I would be more than happy to work out with him and help him out.

Anyway, personality (as cliche as it sounds) is worth a million six-packs and perfect chests.

• It's not attractive but it's not a deal breaker by any means. If he's a great guy I won't let him go just because of that.

• No.

Kind of.

If it's because he's overweight, then yes, but honestly that is only because overweight men are a turn off to me.

I need someone who takes care of their body, that's all.

Other than that, as long as he's willing to work out and get rid of them by toning his chest, I'm fine.

• I worked out relentlessly, didn't do a thing. An operation that costs around 6,000 dollars is the only thing that will get rid of them.

• It's a turn off for me. I prefer thin/lean guys with no moobs.

• Its very shallow of me, but it is a turn off for me sorry. I work me butt off to stay in shape and I think its fair that I want the same from my guy.

• I went to the gym every day for hours, it didn't do a thing to help.

• Did you try to focus on Cardio then strength training?

• Yes. Working out doesn't eliminate them.

• it sounds shallow, but moobs were a deal breaker for me...I mean, amongst a few other things...but I broke up with my first boyfriend when I was in high school because I didn't find him attractive anymore, the moobs just got to me, I felt like I was lying to him by being in a relationship when I didn't find him attractive. Turns out he was gay.

• Can't do it, I've worked hard to stay in shape and I don't want a guy who won't do the same.

• I went to the gym for hours day after day, didn't do a thing.

• I'm not obese, never have been. I don't hate anyone either, and yes obviously I want truthful answers. I can't agree with your bad reasoning about staying in shape however, I work out and have a pretty good diet. And I get the attraction thing, I can respect that.

• Apologies, I wasn't trying to infere that you are obese I was trying to use it as a seperate medical example of something that isn't attractive. The condition I deal with, Bell's Palsy isn't attractive either. This is just how life is.

• I will be vain enough to say it will certainly be a factor. For me, it's about caring about being healthy and if they are caused by lack of a somewhat normal diet/activity, that shows a lack of ambition for me? I don't want to be with someone who doesn't care if they go out really sloppily because I would never do that for them! I put in effort into my appearance!

• yes, deal breaker.. if I'm not attracted to him, then what's the point

• What if everything else about him is attractive to you?

• I could probably deal with it then. As long as he didn't have them because he was fat or whatever, I want to know my guy cares enough about himself to stay in shape.

• um kinda depends how big, if they need a bra then we have a problem, but if not then I kinda like it, I don't like thin guys that are sticks, I like bulky guys even tho I'm a stick myself, but yeah its not a deal breaker if they aren't HUGE. (: hope that helps

• No bra needed. It's just embarrasing and a confidence killer.

• well its sorta the same with me I feel like guys constantly judge us girls by the size of our racks, I mean if your not big the don't approach you as much, but I don't know if I'm big or small in that department

• I agree with your point. It is embarrsaing however even to do simple things like hanging out a swimming pool. I never go swimming because of it.

• no I don't care as long as he os good to me and loves and respect me then it's all good to me all of bhim with his goods and bads come so moobs will make me reject a great relationship I don't think so it's fine for me if I love him then I will love his MOOBS too hh good luck

• Well.. Maybe. It honestly all depends on if he is over weight or not, now if it was just a problem because of your hormones or whatever then it wouldn't be a problem at all. Besides, it's the personality that counts.

• no not really. my new boyfriend has them but his face is so sexy it doesn't even matter. if you have them an ugly that's another story.

• no its unattractive especially when the girl isn't fully endowed herself.

• if I love and care about someone and they feel the same then I won't let moobs get in the way lol

• An A cup is probably all I can handle. Sorry.

• Absolutely not.

Personality is my deal breaker.

I'll choose the nerdy sweet guy over a jerk any day of the week.!:)

• Why are all the nice people anonymos?

• I was actually surprised to come back to this question and see so many girls say they're a "deal breaker" lol

But thanks.(:

• Well guys have dumped girls for less

What Guys Said 2

• Why not hit the gym man? Burning fat through a detail workout schedule at the gym will definitely help you out.

• there's a medicine called litrozole I think (google it), that helps in removing moobs, there are other ones also...

sadly I have them too, but I wanna ask you, what kind of doctors should I see for moobs?