Why do women play with their bra straps in public?

I thought that the rest room is the proper place to readjust their bra straps. I find this very tacky.

Most Helpful Girl

• I try not to mess with it in public, but sometimes it's just really uncomfortable and needs my attention.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't feel I should apologize for having breasts or wearing a bra. It's not tacky. You probably also adjust yourself below as well, I've seen men do that in public. Do I care if you do? No.

• I do not adjust below in public.

• Maybe there is not one near by and they are just quickly trying to hide them...I mean if your pants start to fall down, I don't think you're going to wait till you get to the restroom...you're going to start pulling them back up right then and there...

• I'm confused. In your title you say 'play with' and in your question you say 'readjust'. Two different things.

Do you mean, playing with their bra-straps like, pulling it out just to let it snap on her skin, and sitting there continuously doing it just because, or readjusting the straps for a few seconds because it's itching or getting uncomfortable?

• For the same reason men re-adjust themselves in public.

• play? or adjust?

• Playing with and adjusting a bra strap in public are two different issues. Playing with it in public is tacky, adjusting it discreetly in public for immediate comfort is not tacky.

• Do you mean play with or like pushing the strap back up on the shoulder?

• It looks like that they are playing with it. The strap was still on the shoulder before she grab it.

• Surely there is a difference between readjusting a strap, and playing with it? There is nothing wrong, shameful or dirty about readjusting a bra strap. Get a grip.

• if the strap cuts in the flesh or it is uncomfortable I won't stand up, go to the toilet and fix it there...

it is like I would say if something itches you go to the toilet and scratch you there

• When they're twisted, they can actually start to hurt, so it's just easier to untwist them quickly rather than finding a restroom.

• uncomfortable, whatever, you name it.

What Guys Said 4

• > 2012

> Imposing public decency

You know in like, the 18th century, women used to be able to go around with their t*ts out? And these were the most refined of women, too. And, in some places of the world, they don't wear anything at all. If you're going to call adjusting your bra straps in front of people 51% of whom themselves have experience with bra straps, you're going to set up a very, very elite community as to who can be considered not tacky. The Rosicrucians weren't even that elitist, the A.'.A.'. are more liberal, the f***ing KKK are more liberal.

Underwear bourgeoise!

• I mean its must be irritating at times, you don't wear a bra do you? Stop complaining.

• usually just an adjustment

• Sometimes I find it sexy when a girl fixes her straps in public...but that's just me