Do you find blue/green eyes to be more attractive than brown eyes ?

It can sound like a stupid question but it seems like it's an established fact that clear eyes (blue,green, grey) are more beautiful than brown eyes. Brown eyes are average, while blue/green ayes are outstandingly beautiful.

What annoys me the most is that such criteria as eye color is used to rate the overall attractiveness and I don't understand it. You got brown hair, brown eyes? not attractive enough . However you often hear when someone is describing another person they find attractive things like, "oh she got blue eyes etc..."

It's even more striking when babies are born. The big question is 'what eye color will he/she have?" and if one of the parents has brown eyes and the other has blue or green eyes, then it's a victory when the baby takes after the blue green eyes parents.

I find this utterly ridiculous, to me beauty is an overall matter that is mostly influenced by bone structure and facial characteristics. (such as exposed here link

so what do you think about all the hype around eye color?

• Yes
  • No
  • Don't care
oh it seems like the link I put earlier doesn't work. link this one should
ahh whatever I'm sorry, it's called beautycheck... I have no idea why when I copy and paste the link it leads to a page not found..

Most Helpful Girl

• There's definitely some truth to what you say!

They even portray that in the media. My niece loves Beauty and the Beast so for her birthday, I got her a 'Belle' barbie doll with the tea set and candle holder and all the little characters. They gave the Belle barbie green eyes and reddish brown hair, when in the movie she has brown eyes and brown hair.

I think the issue here is people who work so hard to claim that one feature is exclusively better than another. It's like people try so hard to say that big boobs or green eyes or long hair is so much better. In the process of favoring those things, they may slightly bash physical features that aren't like that. Or they just make a certain feature sound so wonderful and gloat about it so much that they make people who don't have that feature feel like their look is plain. You really just have to master understanding the limitless variety of beauty. You can't let people like that get you down.

I have dark brown, nearly black eyes that get lighter sometimes and I love them. A guy wrote a poem for me, describing them as 'sucking him in, like staring into the deepest water well'. :) *I hope no one steals that because their own creativity or lack of sucks :P * So yeah, any eye color can be beautiful and people who insist that brown eyes aren't pretty are probably just shallow with very small ideas of what beauty is.

What Guys Said 15

• Anything out of the ordinary is easier to remember as most people have brown eyes its easier to distinguish those who have colored eyes but that doesn't mean that a person fancies people with different eye color, eye color if its a bit different acts like a master status like any other abnormal feature such as an extra finger or a pilot and like every status there's a certain association to it which makes a person hate or love that person

In my eyes people with colored eyes are not looked upon as good people because here people believe that people with colored eyes are selfish

No matter what your eye color is its your personality that counts what good is a blue eyed person if they are rapist no one would admire there eye color but mother teresa who had normal eyes is always spoken high off

• Meh people are superficial as f***, so what is new? The girl who I have the biggest crush on has dark brown eyes and dark black hair. I find her to be perfect. I think I notice a lot more a good face structure and nice overall body much more than I do the color of a girls eyes.

• I think that the beauty of an eye has more to do with the bone structure around it and the size of the eye. It's also been proven that larger eyes are more attractive possibly because they make the person look more "baby-like" and youthful. I do think however lighter colored eyes stand out more because they're easier to see. But that isn't to say that I don't find some darker colored eyes really attractive

• yes I do think so too. To me eye shape, eye size contributes more to the "beauty of an eye" than it's color..

• I have blue/gray eyes and I like girls with blue or green eyes how ever I've seen a pic of a female friend recently and can't stop staring into her brown eyes.

the whole baby eye color thing might be because brown is a dominate color and blue/green eyes are less common to show through. here is an eye color chart. link

• this is an interesting chart and as I expected it shows that when one parents has blue eyes and the other brow eyes, there's a 50/50% chance of the baby to have either one of the color.. which doesn't make it look like a spectacular event should the baby have blue eyes.

• if this was a few months ago I would have said yes to your poll but like I said recently I've found someone who has attractive brown eyes

• I would be more worried if both parent's had blue eyes and their child had any other color. with 99% chance blue eyes and a 1% for green it's very unlikely the child wouldn't also have blue eyes.

(I think both of my birth parent's has blue eyes)

• Nope... I like brown eyes.

• Usually yes. The way the rest of her face looks like can change my preference, but I usually find blue or green eyes to be more attractive.

• It doesn't matter to me what the eye color is on anyone. It's the overall look of the person. I like all colors of eyes. I can't say I'm partial to any.

What is that link? It's in German or something.

• thanks for telling me that the link did n't work. It's fro ma german university, called beautycheck. Basically it's a study of what facial and figure characteristics are considered beautiful by most peole.

• Maybe because I'm Irish.

• Yep, mainly because I hate my brown eyes so I find girls with blue or green eyes more attractive because of that feature.

• green

brown

blue

in that order ^-^

• Like the previous male answer, I barely notice eyes.

• what do you notice first then?

• Usually, it's the hair, face, overall appearance (how one "carries" themselves), or a number of other things.

• lol, this question made me realize that I don't even know the eye colors of my exes. haha.

• For the most part yes, Blue eyes and even Green eyes are the prettiest.

• i think every eye color can be very attractive

• It doesn't make someone unattractive just because they have brown eyes. I've never heard anyone say that. I generally think blue and green eyes look better, but if an unattractive person has them, it doesn't really matter.

What Girls Said 14

• I have very light bluish green eyes so I think I'm naturally attracted to people with light eyes. but that doesn't mean I don't think people with brown eyes are unattractive. Olivia Palermo (google her if you don't know) is one of the most beautiful brown eyed girls I've ever seen! her eyes are stunning.

• I don't think eye color is that important, I have blue eyes and I love my eyes but I'm not fussy about it on a partner, it's more about personality and if he has looks too then that's a bonus but I'd say eye color is about the 5th thing I notice.

• I guess you can see brown eyes as average the majority have that eye color, clear eyes such as blue, green, gray etc. you don't see as often. I wouldn't say a guy that has brown eyes is less attractive to me, he's not.. it's just lighter eyes tend to stick out more.

• I generally find guys with light eyes more attractive than those with dark ones (not always, but often) even though I love my dark chocolate eyes <3

But I'm a sucker for a guy with dark hair and light eyes. It looks amazing on women too. Unfortunately it's very rare by nature, but it's so gorgeous. It just accentuates the lines and shadows of the face and it's amazing :)

like this link and link</a>

• I'd have to disagree..I've seen some really pretty brown eyes! But, then again it's up to personal preference. Although I think blue and green eyes are overrated.

• i have brown eye but its okay cause I have HUGE eyes I look like a anime doll...^_^

• Yes, but eye color doesn't automatically make someone more or less attractive. I think you're overreacting a tiny bit to the whole eye color situation, because while people have preferences, you don't hear anyone say "oh she's a brunette with brown eyes, yuck."

• I believe eye color DOES make a big difference in appearance, but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of attractive people with dark colored eyes. I like black eyes in particular.

*I've seen many people who I find unattractive with blue/green/gray colored eyes.

• No I like brown but hazel or green is nice

• No blue is my least favorite

• you look so much hotter and unique when you have light green eyes.

• You look so much hotter and unique when you don't rely on looks, like your eye color, to be hot and sexy.

• No I like dark brown eyes its so intriging and mysterious

• my eyes are black ,i think black is beautiful,it is pure color.Looks very deep

• you sound like a bitter person with brown eyes.

i think it works both ways. a lot of attractive people have one outstanding feature that makes the face overall attractive...for some it is blue or green pretty eyes, which are more unique, for others it is other things. then there are the extremely attractive people who are fortunate enough to just have perfect features.

some people are only pretty because they have nice eyes and very ehh other features. I'd rather have all pretty features and brown eyes personally.