Who do you think has it harder? Ugly men, or ugly women?

I just want to point out that I don't feel all that attractive, and I find it hard to get dates before anyone worries this an ego thing.

Anyway, my family got together today for mothers day and for some reason my sisters fiance brought up that women are lucky. He said his buddy can never get girls because he isn't the best looking man, and that it's easier for an ugly girl to get dates then an ugly man. I disagree with him. I think it's harder for an ugly girl to get in a relationship then for an ugly guy. This started a huge debate where somehow most people in my family (women as well) agreed that men have it harder. My sister brought up that guys are called creepy even when they aren't by girls. There were only a few of us who think ugly girls have it harder. I think men care more about how their partners look than girls do.

So I am wondering how other people feel about this topic.

damn, forgot to turn this into a poll. I also feel it's the face that attracts people the most. Me and my friend are both extremely shy, which is why we get along so well. She weighs about 200 pounds (but is trying to lose the weight, her and I have been doing hikes together lately and we plan to sign up for some fitness programs. I don't need to lose weight, but I want to support her as much as I can because she's a wonderful friend who has helped me a lot) and I am 120. I have an ugly face
and she is stunning. She'll be even more gorgeous once she loses weight. Anyway, you have two shy girl here, with basically the same personality. Neither of us are confident. She gets hit on by men all the time, and I rarely do. So I think even if a girl is on the big side, as long as she has a pretty face she will be fine. Ugly skinny girls like me... no hope whatsoever, lol. And guys just need to be charming.

Most Helpful Guy

• well you can make yourself beautiful, just a few simple things that I suggest her for you. your not ugly, you are making not look good too guys, because you have made that decision your ugly, so will do everything in your power to give off that image to guys. confidence is the key. if don't have self belief, you don't have a life. ugly or beautiful.

Jo Brand is ugly, but she’s still married and has kids. Why? Well probably because she has a good personality and she is actually more confident than other women who have her sort of appearance. True if you look ugly then the number of guys interested are going to be reduced. But what you can do is make yourself look more attractive, wear the right clothes, have your hair done, show off parts of your body that look good, be confident and demonstrate your personality.

If you go to google and select "Images" to search for images, first of all type in "ugly betty" then type in "America ferrera". It's hard to believe but they are the same woman. I know she's made up to look ugly as part of her character, but it just shows what a difference people can make to themselves by wearing different clothes and different makeup and having a different hairstyle.

Hair is very important it’s probably the first thing that a guy notices about a woman, when he looks at her from a distance. Nice looking, feminine hair makes him think, there is a healthy young looking woman over there, she looks after herself and has good hygiene. If she has good hygiene on that part of her body, she’s likely to have good hygiene in other areas. I sometimes make the mistake of seeing a woman with gorgeous hair and thinking, gosh there's a sexy young babe over there, she turns round and it turns out she is old enough to be my grandmother. So that's how much hair makes a difference to a guy, get your hair done and notice the difference.

The other important thing to note about your perception that you are too ugly for anyone are the studies of what attracts men to women. There are all sorts of theories but the basis of these theories suggest that guys go for women that have similar features to themselves or similar features to their mothers. This was proven lately by headlines that twins that were seperated at birth got married without realising they were brother and sister. So what I'm saying here is you are bound to have similar features to other people, whether you consider yourself ugly or not, it doesn't stop you from finding a guy that finds you attractive.

• I'm constantly changing my hair style and looks and clothes but still get the same results. Plus I didn't just decide I was ugly. People tell me. Guys call me butterface. In the elevator once when I was smiling at a text and minding my own business these two guys came in. The one goes "There's one for you!" and the other said "No, she is nasty!" and I was wearing pretty clothes I just bought, had a new hair cut, and was grinning at a text. So I should have looked approachable.

• i don't think you are ugly, I think you are just in a place with horrible sh*tty people. ugly and beautiful people female or male, can have the same problems, and just can't seem to get a BF/GF only because they have no confidence. confidence is the key even if your beautiful. confidence and personality can make huge difference to your looks male or female. everyone is going to be ugly or beautiful to someone. your not going to be beautiful to everyone in this world which is 7 billion people.

• please tell me is there one girl or women that 3 billion men are attracted too? don't believe all this media and magazine bullsh*t, this guy or girl is the sexiest person in the world. because not everyone will think so. your not beautiful or ugly, your just an average girl, having the same problems as millions of other people. and that's confidence.

What Guys Said 12

• There is no such thing as ugly people, its just who you are attracted to. But lets directly look at the issue. You said you don;t feel all that attractive, who are you comparing yourself to? you been reading a lot of magazines and watching too much media because that's what's tellin you what attractive is. But the one who has it worse is the one who is not happy, and to be happy you have to have a content mind. Looks does matter, but my 10 might be someone else's 2...so stop comparing your self to your friend or anyones else. Generally those girls who get a lot of attention are depressed because they get used a lot and they tend to say where are the nice guys, because nice guys are too shy to approach them and so they (majority of women) only see those guys who approach them (80% of guys who approach are players, which makes up about 10% of the male population..the other 80% of the population get the left overs). That's what I think.

• Pity I stumbled upon this topic rather late. This is a debate that a friend of mine have had for many years. At first I maintained that ugly men have it harder than ugly women, however he has swayed me into thinking otherwise, though I still go back and forth on this. For the time being, I tend to think ugly women have if slightly harder than ugly men.

However, I tend to think beautiful women have it easier than handsome men.

• i would say both have it just as hard at a young age. but when they get older, it probably easier for both sexes to get a partner. I would say its 50/50 depends on their situation.

• I dont agree. Being a man is very difficult. Average guys also have it very hard. Girls have vaginas. This makes them valuable.

• definitely ugly men without a doubt. I see so many guys I know with ugly girls and I can't figure it out. ugly guys have almost no chance of finding a girl, they will be virgins until they're 30.

• See, I see the opposite. A guy is almost always not as good looking as his girlfriend.

• yeah I have to agree with you CatholicVirginia. I know plenty of guys with gorgeous girlfriends. And people might try and comment and say it's the money, but a lot of these guys I know don't have a lot. The one is struggling to find a job and had a beautiful supportive girlfriend. She started dating him while he was unemployed. I think girls are just more accepting. Not all. I know some shallow ones too.

• well I've been trying to find a girl like that for 20 years.

• ugly women because ugly guys can still get laid if they have confidence and personality and maybe some money, but ugly women are just a total turn off

• men... because we are mostly the ugly gender anyways

• ugly women of course... I always see the most ugliest dudes getting lucky most of the time

• Ugly guys have it the hardest even average guys have it hard... any girl can have a guy if she wants

• This is the one time when I'll say that women will have it harder than men... if they're ugly

• Depends. If the ugly dude is rich, he'll be in front. He'll even be in front of handsome middle class guys.

If the ugly girl has a stunning body, she'll have it way easier than the ugly dude. So it all depends.

• i think its pretty well accepted that its way harder to be an ugly girl.

• I do think they brought up a couple of good points for sure. However, I think ugly women have it harder for relationships but I don't think it is by a lot at all. I think ugly men have it harder to get laid.

What Girls Said 5

• Ugly women have it harder of course.

Women need beauty to be accepted by society and men. No man will look at an ugly woman even the ugly men avoid her.

Ugly men are accepted by society and women accept them if they have ( good personality or money or charisma and confidence ) or all of these.

These days many beautiful women go for less attractive men, they prefer them over the more attractive men, a lot of ugly men have the chance to be with someone (beautiful or just average) and even get married to them.

If the ugly woman has a nice body she gets played by men. If she is lucky enough then she will find a boyfriend but what kind of bf? a guy who just points at her flaws or is a cheater, if she is that lucky then she ends up with a good guy.

But I don't say an ugly girl will never find someone but it is way harder.

• Ugly girls

• Women

• ugly girls.

• ugly women