Do girls prefer taller guys and why?

From my experience they like taller guys. Is it biological? Why do you girls prefer taller guys and if not why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ya I believe it's biological/evolutionary mostly. Tall, idealy broad shoulderd men can (or I should could) protect their families better and produce stronger offspring. Also I don't know it's just that we feel men should be taller and bigger than us, and we still want them to be taller when are wearing heels

I'm sure you've seen that documentary, it's really old so I'm not sure if it may be outdated, but they asked women to form the ideal male body on a computer. And most women surprise surprise created a typical V - shaped torso with lean muscle.

Then they let those women meet a lot different men and rate them based on attractivness. The result was that almost all women didn't rate men that have that ideal kind of body as most attractive but the tallest ones.

I just wanted to trow that in because another answerer said something that seems to contradict. From what I know most women judge the attractivness of men based on their face mostly, so I'm not sure about it.

However it seems that a great body can barley make up for average or below average height

What Girls Said 10

• I prefer guys taller 'than me'. It'd be so weird to be the one leaning down to give him a kiss! That's HIS position, he should have the dominant position. It seems like it'd be so demasculating for a guy to be with a woman taller than him, but I've seen it happen. It works for them, and that's all that matters. =p

• OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

im 5'1 and I would like a guy that like 6'7 or 7 ITS SO HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

just so attractive... nothing below 6'4... its all in my taste for guys... but that dose not NO WAY mean shorter guys are ugly lots I MEAN LOTS of girl like shorter guys and think taller guys are weird... its all about preference babe ;)

• Its not that all the girls have to have a tall guy with them its just that maybe they want to get picked up by there feet and be held like a princess

• I like taller guys because I just think it's more attractive. I just don't like someone being close to my height. And with a tall person there'd be less arguements since it looks kinda bad arguing with a tall person in public hahaha.

• I DO :)...mostly because I am a tall chick myself :P

• I don't because I'm short but yes ide say that most girls do.

• I don't exactly prefer but my school does have more above height men.

Anyway I don't prefer them because it doesn't feel different than being with a average or shorter than average height guy.

• Dominance to me is attractive a guy that looks physically dominant is even more so. I'm only 5ft'4 and am considered petite but I am pretty strong and to many am considered intimidating. I would feel like I was stronger than the guy I was dating if he wasn't at least 5inches taller than me, broad and muscular. So, I like taller men.

• I'm a tall woman (5'10) and for a long time I didn't think much about the height of the guys I'm interested in, although I did subconsciously gravitate towards guys the same height as me. My current boyfriend is very tall (6'5) and it was a big change for me to be with someone so tall, but it was a pleasant change too. Now I can wear heels without having to worry if the guy is too insecure to handle a woman taller than him (which is really unattractive to me). We just look good together, the height seems just right. He says it's better for his back too, to be with a tall woman.

If I was short, I don't think I'd care so much. Ideally I just want a guy who feels right in proportion to my height. Most girls like tall guys because being around them has something that makes them feel protected, I think.

• Yes, most women prefer taller men. It's because they feel more protected by them. BUT... if the short guy has a handsome face, they would pick him over the taller average looking guy.

• "BUT... if the short guy has a handsome face, they would pick him over the taller average looking guy" ---> not always.

What Guys Said 1

• Because they automatically assume that they're safer with a taller man and that they will produce healthier offspring.