Does it offend you if someone calls you ugly or unattractive on here?

If you've got a picture or pictures up, does it offend you if someone calls you unattractive or ugly?

Cause I've seen some of that going on, on here through questions. And I don't know, I think it's a pretty low blow, regardless of how much you e-hate the person lmao I imagine PM is worse, especially for users obsessed with other users.

Not sure who it is, someone told me so a couple of days ago, and it means their on my friends list but I don't know who. It was male lol

My favorite was when I had this pic as my avatar or whatever link

And some users went out of their way to call me ugly and troll like :/ it's not even me! LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• One of my friends calls me ugly on here all the time lol :P it's whatever - I'm not gorgeous but I know I'm not ugly either. Maybe if I was a little bit more insecure I'd care lol

Some dude on here ( not that guy,) called me ugly one time, but he said it more out of spite because we were arguing :P

In all honesty, it doesn't offend me much in real life either. It's a nasty insult but at the same time it's an opinionated one. I get more offended when people call me a liar, or stupid because those are things that are actually worth more to you as a person then how you look.

I get called pretty a lot more then I do ugly, so having someone call me it is laughable. I can't literally believe that I'm ugly - the idea is just illogical to me.

Sorry if that sounds arrogant, don't mean it to come off like that. But it's the exact same reality that insecure people have who think they are ugly and don't believe they're pretty - in my reality I'm just really confident in my looks to think I'm pretty, and not believe I'm ugly.

So yea. Down vote me away for being confident.

• thnx ladies :)

apparently everyone thinks your hot stuff PoeticNinja lol, and on some forum where someone asked for everyone to post a pic of themselves, a few guys kept saying naturaldisaster was hot lol

• Nooo, it's definitely a good perspective. An insult to the character is worse than an insult to the appearance. It'd bother me more if someone called me a liar or fake than it would if someone called me ugly

What Guys Said 14

• no. going by my drunk pic I had up before they wouldn't be inaccurate. that said the people on here going around doing that have no self esteem and are only looking to boost their flatlined ego.

• No, actually. And things usually do upset me on here, but the looks one really doesn't. I'm faaaar too conceited for that, I think.

• There was a question the other day with a young woman asking if she had a big nose and two responses, one male, one female were very, very rude, I didn't like that. I thought she was cute.

Anyway, I don't care what anyone on this site thinks, but I do have two dating profiles up and getting very few messages back is always a downer, but as far as being called ugly goes, I'm my worst critic, so it doesn't matter too much.

• She was super cute, but when people ask questions like that they're asking for both good and bad. It's just when someone goes out of their way to be critical. And the users who were rude were anonymous

• I understand she was asking, but they were just being a**holes and overly rude.

• Nope. I know what I am and what I'm not... I'm not concerned with what some random person says. =) If you get upset with how someone sees you, just don't be one of those girls that says "be honest, am I pretty" and then gets pissy and blocks you for giving her the blunt truth.

• I haven't had anyone say it yet on here...who wants to be there first? :)

But nah I don't really care. It would have to be a female and I'd have to have some kind of attraction to her before she dissed me. And since I don't know anyone on here, no problem =o

• I think it would be hurtful regardless, but if I didn't know them, I think it would only hurt my feelings for a minute or so.

• It's not only a low-blow but an attempt in to illicit a response. But I don't think it would bother me so much these days.

• I am ugly...it hurts but its the truth! I am single at 42 enough said

• It has never happened to me, but if it did I would be a little offended but it would not effect me too much.

• I'd be lying if I said I didn't care at all. And just like DRE said, I am my worst critic.

• Not, really I'm my worst critic haha.

• I have no pics even if I did I would agree with them.

• I have no pics on here so it would be pretty stupid to call me ugly first of all and to get offended is also stupid

I thought you were going to put a picture up?i want to put a face to you ;)

• Mmm, brown eyes, brown hair, brown skin. hair is past my bra strap when straightened. average. nothing special. no need to remain curious, I'm nothing special. In fact, I'm ugly. never worry about it.

• Lol I like how everyone is so curious about your face QA

• I've never had it happen, but then again, only a handful of people have seen me on here. I generally assume that silence equals disinterest, though.

• Disinterest wasn't the right word, but you know what I mean.

What Girls Said 23

• Nah, not really. Usually when people throw out s.hit like that, they're trying to be deliberately hurtful or can't think of anything intelligent to respond back with in an argument or are trolling. I can only think of one person on here who has called me ugly, and it was the late TonyMetal, lmao. I'm sure you can imagine why he resorted to insults, and why I wouldn't care enough to take it seriously or be offended. =P

• No, not really. I'm beyond the point of being offended by people on the internet. The only time I would actually be offended is if they sent me a hateful video (happened once) because that means they went above and beyond to insult me, and for someone to hate me that much is hurtful.

• Wow, that is just so wrong.

• Wow, the person was major douche.

• It's sad when someone goes OUT of their way to offend someone. Like really? How good looking can they be to take the time to search for a video just to insult someone they've never met.

• Not really. It used to, quite a while ago, but I know that I look really different in person, so I don't take it to heart. Plus, do I really care what someone I've never met (and never will meet) thinks of my physicaly appearance?

The answer to that would be a big resounding NO. :-)

• Hm... I think I would. Which I know is quite silly, but I already have issues (only a few) with the way I look, so they'd just be 'confirming' what I already think to be true. That's assuming they've seen me, of course. Only a few on here know what I look like :)

• No matter how strong am I for sure it would offend me because 'ugly' is a very strong word.Even though I hate or dislike that person I won't use those word to express my anger towards them.The word unattractive is still acceptable compare to ugly but still,its a discourage word that can kill someone self esteem.I never been called ugly on this site,but in my past life yes.I wasn't good looking when I was younger.It still affected me a bit till today but I'm glad I have gain more confidence now.

• I wish I could say that it doesn't bother me one bit, but I'm still slowly getting over my insecurities so I don't believe I'm at that point yet. So yeah it does maybe for a second or so. And then I remember that they don't matter, and forget about it because I'm very easily distracted.:p

• Not really. I mean people are entitled to their own opinions, and a lot of the time people will just say what they can to be nasty. But yeah, if someone finds me attractive I'm not offended, but if they said "ugly" or something equally malicious I'd just think they're a d*** and should learn some tact.

I had this photo link on my profile and someone actually sent me a message with diet tips lol. I cracked up.

• Not at all. My avatar was Granny from Beverly Hillbillies for a longtime. I got a lot of jokes. Its all good :)

• No. I'm used to it. I had serious depression and anxiety issues over that sh*t. I'm through worring about my physical appearance and how people perceive it. We all can't be minka kelly or adrianna lima. So whatever. I know myself better than they do.

• What retard called you ugly?

He better have been blind - if not then he's f***in retarded lol

• You're pretty though! That's actually why I was creeping on your profile the other day when I told you I thought you were all tatted up haha. You're beautiful and your personality definitely adds much more my dear muffin

• Lol..."i was creepin on your profile the other day" yeah tbh I was too... that was when I saw your picture lol you are pretty too.

Thanks though. But I have gotten to a point in life were I need to let go of looks. Its very controversial.

• Not usually. It hasn't happened much on here. But when or if it does, it's more than likely because that person is trolling or butthurt over something. I'm still a gorgeous chick regardless, so I could care less. & if I'm not gorgeous, I still look a million times better than that person. :)

• I would definitely be offended and I would feel hurt for a bit, but then I'd move on because I don't find myself particularly unattractive.

What happened to you sucks and is totally uncalled for but the fact that the person is anonymous shows that he's a coward and obviously has some sort of problems for him to hate on someone that he has never met.

• I've been called ugly in the past, it has always offended me. But it is what it is and I accept being ugly which is why my self esteem is so low and I think all guys think I'm unattractive.

But some users on here are just immature.

• yeah, quite a bit actually.

but you just need to remind yourself that they aren't worth your time, and they're probably just trolls trying to get a negative reaction outta you.

• People pull the "you're ugly" card when it's obvious that they can't think of a more intelligent insult. It has nothing to do with your looks.

• Hasn't happened yet.. but I would be like w/e and keep it moving ahah. I expect haters.. and don't mind when they hate :)

• lol, I just think people are extra mean over the internet it's easy to sit behind your computer and pick on others or say things that you would never say in real life, so I wouldn't take it personal.

i guess let e haters hate too

• No, it doesn't. Mainly because it's true.

• Yes. A bit.

Im an insecure person when it comes to looks :(

• Lol no considering I don't even have any pictures on here.

• nope wouldn't care. your own personal self esteem should matter the most not random peoples

• Not particularly.

• what do you look like? I am curious

• nooo :p

people ALWAYS try to hush my opinions by calling me ugly or average, what they don't realize is that doing so doesn't make my opinion any less valid or make me feel any worse about myself. I own a mirror, I know I'm no hottie-- but I like the way I look.

I love the way I look, so does my boyfriend, and I've got plenty of reasonable people who compliment me often enough for me to like what I look like.

• Same here

I mean, I may not be Megan Fox but I'm content with being average!

• I think goflip is cute as a button! But she's entitled to her own opinion and I guess at the end of the day it's our own perspectives that matter the most.

And no, I'm definitely average and I'm fine with that. I don't mind being average. I guess I don't have to deal with "pretty girl problems" or "ugly girl problems." I'm fine with my appearance though

• thank you! but I'm really not that special lol