How do I look more my age?

I just turned 20 not to long ago and I feel like I don't look my age. I have acne as well which I feel makes me appear younger than I am.

What are some ways that could help me look older? Any hairstyles that would fit this age? I have short hair. Clothes?

Any tips would help. Tired of looking younger than I am. Hoping this will help raise my self confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• For the acne, I see a lot of people saying to use some products, I'd say that you should stay away from dairy products, and try eating less meat.

When I went vegan, my acne started going away and now I don't have it anymore.

What you put in your body matters more than what you put on it in some cases. :]

Maybe grow some facial hair. A scruffle perhaps?

I don't suggest a full blown mustache and beard however. :P

I think the biggest way to make yourself look older is by your clothing choice.

Wearing a some brand name tshirt and jeans will make you look like a boy.

For example: link

Develop your style, if you haven't already, to look like a man: link

What Girls Said 7

• Okay, as far as the acne, I see you're getting a lot of suggestions on how to handle that, and it will eventually start to go away. By way of hairstyles, a short haircut is fine, as long as it doesn't look too young. Basically, it will be the type of hair you see older people have, that teenagers are embarrassed to have. For clothes, try and ditch any loose pants (pants on the ground kind) and baggy shirts. Get some nice t-shirts that actually fit you, (nothing too immature on it) and some jeans/khaki's/etc. If you want to change it up some, get some nice polos for a more professional look.

• Maybe you can try some hollistic treatments for your acne if traditional methods have failed, that will help a lot. Maybe you can work out and gain a little muscle, that tends to add some age. I think if you keep well groomed and wear just a normal tee-shirt and jeans you should be OK. Remember, stand up straight, carry yourself well, and it will also make you look more like an adult. Good luck.

• I think that if you wear a lot of graphic shirts, with brand names written across the front(ae,aero,hollister) it keeps you in the high school style.

I would suggest wearing clothes that are more classy, like Gap, Banana Republic, or Nordstoms.

Try doing your hair alittle bit too, like maybe instead of just going out with after-shower hair, play around with it, does it look better like swept to the side, or with gel?

Confidence does come a lot from what you wear, for me at least(:

• Put lemon juice on affcted acne areas.continualy till it gets alright.and yes older people talk like elders walk like elders ...and they look like elders.grow mustach ,make some muscles and have a responsiblity taking personality.you will look and feel older.

• If you're going to use lemon juice you'd better use spf when you're in the sun.

• Use Lemon juice only when your nt out in sun and rinse it of afterwords.

• Maybe wear a beanie but not so that it cover all your hair

• Face hair usually adds age.

• W be confident ear glasses

What Guys Said 2

• Trust me pal in the future you will be one very happy person if you look young for your age! I'm 35, but I get told by many that I look in my twenties. When I was your age I couldn't even get into pubs that easily, I was always asked for i.d. I hated it then but now I'm just happy I look young for my age. My point in all this is, don't go over the top to change. Yeah expirment with hairstyles for your age group, grow a goatee (I did this and it wasn't the best but I loved it lol), just act your age and that's the most important thing.

• I am almost 20 and people say I look 16. I love it!

• Yeah, it's really not that big of a deal. I'll be 21 in 2 days. I coach HS freshman baseball and I get mistaken for a player almost every time. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with it.

• one day I may want to look young for my age but right now I would like to look my age. I'm 20 I don't want to look like a teenager anymore.

• facial hair. Grow a little stubble.