If 90/100 people in a room said you looked ugly, does that mean you really are ugly?

Let's say you are in a room and everyone voted on how you look and 90 of them said you looked ugly. does that mean you really are ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe the 10 other people would say otherwise :) besides its what's on the inside that counts, also haters gunna hate man.

What Girls Said 9

• You'd have to get every person in the entire world in that room to vote on you for it to be accurate.

What I've noticed though, is that people and society categorizes people off.

It is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's also true that certain features / aestetics are accepted as being more attractive than others.

I mean within a population, you always see these iconic beauty symbols ( celebrities,) if there wasn't a standard of above average beauty, such a concept wouldn't be so highly sought after and represented by the celebrity group.

There are different levels of attractiveness - but it's not condemning which ever one you fall into, simply because peoples " taste " vary universally.

Not everyone thinks Angelina Jolie is gorgeous, and not everyone thinks Rosie O Donald is ugly.

• Um... I don't think so. But, if there were 90 people saying I looked ugly, I'd probably believe them over the ten people that say I don't :p

• I wouldn't doubt them.. So, yes. - By the numbers we're going by here.

You have 10 other people. It's better than nothing, yes?

• there's no 90 people anywhere in any room who are going to say you're ugly.

• Not really.We can't rate ourself based on people judgement on us because if we do,there will always haters that would call us ugly.

• I don't know if it means I'm ugly, but I'd believe I were.

• Yeah but there's still that 10% OUT THERE THAT DOESN'T

• no it just means you are ugly to 90 people

• no, everyone sees beauty differently

• the only way someone can be ugly is if they are on the inside (personality mainly)

• it means I'm ugly to 90/100 in the room and that I should probably not try and flirt with 90/100 of them :P

• I'm sure you could still flirt with those 90 if they were drunk.

• LOL they would need to be very very very drunk :p

What Guys Said 6

• Well.. Since beauty is pretty much subjective, to a degree, someone *being* ugly doesn't really mean anything.. But, for all intents and purposes, yeah you are..

I guess what it comes down to is practicality more so than 'absolute truth'.. If 90% of people has a consensus that they find you ugly, you're shooting yourself in the foot for not listening to them, as you've just actively hurt your chances at 90% of the population (assuming that the sample of people was representative).

• eh percentage wise ya, but should you let it get to you no... doesn't really matter what others think lifes to short to give a damn imo

• No, it means you try to sleep with the 10 girls that think you look good.

• Depends on if you're ugly or not. Were you in such a bizarre situation yourself?

• Yep, to those 90 people you or I really are.

• Ugly is just a label. What's the point of being attractive if you're a guy? It's not like other guys judge you on it. As long as you can find a woman who makes you happy, it's just a word.