Guys, are you a sucker for a pretty girl?

I'm pretty attractive and I often see guys checking me out, etc.

I'm also a bit insecure so I used to shy away from ANY male attention, but recently I realized that if I even play into that just a little bit...guys will just do favors for me.

I've gotten so much free stuff here lately by just smiling at male clerks or making conversation for me.

In the past two weeks I got a free coffee, a free shot, a free drink, a free $15 membership card to a store, discounts on some items I purchased, and a free upgrade on a dinner. I never asked for any of this and I didn't even flirt(except the discount card...he was cute though! lol).

I'm sure I sound extremely obnoxious at this point, but I genuinely just realized that guys weren't going to hurt me and I could be more talkative with them...and now I'm getting all this stuff.

Do you ever find yourself going out of your way to help a pretty girl? Do you think you're a bit of a sucker for them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks might play a part in it, but it's hardly the most important thing.

Take a look at your example -- you began to get free things because you changed your behavior, not because of the way that you looked.

You were always pretty... but when you started being a little bit nicer to people, they started being nicer to you.

Sure, an attractive-looking girl will turn heads. But I think what really makes a difference is making a connection with people. It sounds like you have been afraid to open up around men because you were worried that they might hurt you, maybe because you've so often seen them looking at you.

I think the fact is that although guys like looking at pretty girls, we prefer to spend time with nice, fun girls who are comfortable with themselves, and if they happen to be pretty, that's just a bonus!

What Guys Said 11

• I am used to pretty gals from just-met to friends to lovers, so won't go too far out of my way past something I'd do for "the opposite" type of gal. If you get really good at his, you may find yourself with a reputation that your potential "perfect guy" might avoid, thus no meeting "him" down the line.

The funny side of this was a Seinfeld episode. She could get him tickets to sold out performances, speeding tickets fixed, etc.

• I get free stuff all the time and I'm ugly

I got free ice cream at McDonalds

Free fries from McDonalds when two girls were working (I went inside)

Free ice cream from baskin robbins, it was an old mom working there and she gave to me for free :)

At the gym the lady at the counter gave me a key to a special locker room that you normally have to pay for

I returned a toaster at Wal-Mart that they didn't even carry, am I that smooth?

Free coffee at Starbucks, the girl said don't worry about it, it was my first time there

etc

So what I"m saying is, sometimes it's not just looks that counts, because I can't explain the above

• you're profile pic clearly shows that you're hot?

• Because I don't seek out this free stuff. I take pride in the fact that I work enough to pay for most everything. That's just one of the major reasons I wouldn't have a sugar daddy. Basically I wouldn't take anything free if it felt excessive ... I don't want to feel like I have a price.

• well that sweet, I'm glad you don't want to abuse your powers

• oh I don't even need to look at the comments to know they're going to be nasty!

• I think most guys and even girls do to a degree. I don't simply because I hate the idea of trying to buy someones company. But like I went to the movie with a really cute girl the other day and she was a typical hottie, blond, blue eyes, and big boobs. The girl serving ice cream at the movie theater just gave us the ice cream for free. I never get free ice cream so I assume it had something to do with my date.

• Sorry to say, but no

I never really give things away for free. Unless theyre really nice people

I do notice whenever I'm being nice I do get loads of free stuff and gifts

The last haircut I paid for was around 4 years ago.

• no, not I think they're using their looks to get free stuff. no offense, but I can't stand girls like that. I'd have given you free stuff before you changed, when you were pretty but really shy with it.

• nope. are you a sucker? If you don't say anything you probably are.

• Pretty girls are adorable, there's no denying.. but I'm not that kind of guy who's going to do favours without being asked first.

• No. If I want to help people, I help indifferently.

• Can be the case, If a like a person, for whatever reason. women for romantic reasons or men for just being nice, I tend to be nicer towards them. Natural.

• Yes I do at times go out of my way but I am hot too and get free stuff so it goes both ways :)

What Girls Said 0