What type of outfit would be appropriate for a work and dinner?

I'm off to bed, but will check back in 6 hours when I wake up.

Tomorrow my boyfriend's boss invited us to dinner on his yacht. In order to get there on time I have to run straight from work. My office is business casual. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow and I would rather wear flats because I have terrible balance and me + heels + slippery boat deck + rain = disaster.

Thanks for your help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Something like this link would work.

A dress and blazer combo can be dressed up or down. For instance, at work, you could wear that combo with heels and a work bag. Then when it's time for the dinner, you could switch the heels and work bag for a pair of cute flats (or sandals) and a clutch. It will only take you a minute to do the switch.

Or if you're not into dresses, then link can work. The combo is slightly different, but the switching is still the same.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• i may be late but a good trick is to wear a dress with a blazer over it and take the blazer off after work.

• Business casual like a nice shirt and slacks should be just fine for a yacht party.