Would it be wrong to wear red lipstick to my friend's wedding?

I wear red lipstick everyday. It's my signature lip color basically. Well I am going to be a bridesmaid in my in a friends wedding and I was talking to my Mom about how I'd do my makeup for the wedding and she said she didn't think I should wear red lipstick because it will take away from the bride. My friend has never asked me not to wear it or specified how I should wear my makeup, but now I'm paranoid. I always wear it and I love it...should I not wear it that day?

Is that disrespectful to her?

I asked her what I should do with my makeup and she said I an wear it however I want. I guess I'm just uncomfortable with this still because I don't want her to say that for fear of seeming like a bridezilla. I just want her to be happy on her day. I might just skip the red.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not just ask your friend? I assume she is a close friend if she asked you to be a bridesmaid. So you should be able to talk to her about it. She may not care, but even if she does she will know that you respect her enough to be concerned.

What Guys Said 5

• Don't worry, no one will pay much attention to the bridesmaid's makeup except guys who might be interested in you. The whole wedding is focused on the bride. Most of the eople there are her family, probably. No oneis going to be commentng on how you are takng attention away from the one in white!

• Ask the maid of honor if not her if they are going for a consistent look regarding makeup. It might look good in the photos if you're all wearing a similar amount in any case.

If not, wear what makes you look good.

• Well if they are going to be a bridezilla and be that specific about make-up then bite the bullet and go with what she requested.

• Oh I definitely would do it however she asks me to, but that's the thing...she doesn't have any rules about the makeup. So now I'm worried she won't say she minds, but maybe she will.

• I think that red lipstick will not take any thing away from the bride.

• Just ask her. She may lie, but at least then you'll know how she feels about it

What Girls Said 4

• Absolutley wear your lipstick, it's in no way going to take a way from the bride. If you want to tone down a shade maybe but it's not going to be an issue.

• I think going with a more natural look would be better, even if she says she doesn't care, it seems more appropriate for a wedding(:

• Red lipstick isn't very wedding friendly. I wouldn't say it's appropriate, but it's just lipstick. No one should have a fit just because you wear red lipstick.

• Just curious but why isn't it wedding friendly? Are you thinking neutral tones would be better? I'm just leaning more towards the red in particular because my bridesmaid dress is black. What do you think?

• I really don't have an answer as to why it isn't wedding friendly. I think it's because it's too bold and yeah wedding makeup is usually neutral. If it's a night wedding, I can see red not being too bad but still I would personally keep it neutral.

• maybe do a light red or a subtle red shading? I would really talk to the bride though.