What does this line on my thighs mean?

i know this sounds like a stupid question, but I have this vertical line on my thighs, especially when I'm wearing high heels. it looks like this:

womenshealthmag.com/files/images/1107-tight-butt.jpg

I don't k now if it's like cellulite or something because my friends don't have this. it can't be muscles because I don't play any sports (except for dancing). my uncle told me before I have muscular calves and while it's true that it "gets hard" when I tense it, it still can't be muscles because like I said I'm not a sports person. do you have any idea?

how is that possible when I don't play any sports? I don't get it. I know girls who work out at the gym and they don't have this line.
what's wrong with the girls on here? is it not enough to bitch in real life, you have to do it here too?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok well you're gonna listen to me ok? First off, yes that line is a muscle girl. Well actually a separation between your quadriceps in the front and hamstrings in the back. Even if you don't work out you might still see that line or "cut" as long as you aren't super fat. Your friends might have that too but it may not be as deep as yours. Theirs might be less noticeable or they are too white and its a bit harder to see. That's why body builders tan. You obviously have good genetics so that's how it happens. You have some bomb ass legs and some ass there too lol and even a little dancing is a workout. Maybe even more so then actually going to the gym and doing stuff. Especially with that dance move you do since its basically more like a controlled squat lol. You know what I'm talking about lol. Don Omar I think it was ;) ha ha And well bitches be bitches nothing you can do about that. There might be some jealousy but I know this was a real question you had and you didn't wanna get attention. People just take random curiously the wrong way.

What Guys Said 8

• It's because of muscular definition. You don't need to lift weights to have muscular definition. If you're skinny and stay relatively in shape you will. And dancing certainly would help build strength in your quads which is the muscle that is shown there.

• I wouldn't be surprised if it really is muscle. Definitely not cellulite.

Using your legs in dancing works them out, maybe not as much as other exercises, but still does. I think it's nice, gives a woman's legs that fine look.

• i higly doubt you can get muscles from how I dance. its more in the hips than legs really...

• Sure. If you're healthy, what else can it be though honestly.

Try googling cellulite to find out what it is btw.

• You do have muscly legs, everyone does. It looks like that your thighs are just tensing up. Nothing to worry about.

• It's quadriceps, it can't be anything else.

• if you're fit and don't have a lot of body fat than any sort of activity like dancing will cause your muscles to show. Plus dancing is a very good workout, but since you enjoy it you dnt feel like you're working out.

• true it doesn't feel like working out. I dance like 2 hours each day in my room because at the moment I can't take lessons. but still...dancing in your room can't get you muscles!

• cool :) if I want to lose muscle how can I do that?

i read/heard somewhere that eating meat helps buildig muscles, is that true? I stopped eating that and now I have less muscles than a few years ago, but I don't know if it has to do with that?

• Yes it makes sense if your working out bec steak is packed with protein which help build muscle, and creatine which inhances your prrformance

• its just muscle definition. My friend doesn't really exercise but he has muscles. Some people are lucky like that

• It's called being hot and having nice legs lol

Keep doing it (:

• It means I want to lick them. ;)

What Girls Said 6

• okay just because you don't play sports and you just dance doesn't mean you can't get muscular calves. Because have you noticed a lot of dancer have thme too and a lot of work out videos involve in dancing now a days and plus I'm a dancer as well and I have them. Because in dancing you have to do a lot of balancing and leaps and plies and that's how you really get them.

• hmm OK. I'm sure as a dancer you understand that dancing in your room is not the same "workout" as if you take classes. do you think I can get muscles from dancing at home? because I jusst do it for fun, moving to the music and moving hips. its not like I sweat a lot...

• depends on how much you dance at home lolz but if you dance every time you hear your favorite song cause even when I'm not at dance practice I still dance evry chance I get so yeah you can get those

• "tight-butt" in the link..

"I don't k now if it's like cellulite or something"... because it's always a good time for people to tell me I have a great ass and good legs.

• you're hot. there,now go away. I'm not a bitch in real life-cause people in real life don't ask me if their body parts that they know are attractive are in any way attractive.

• Next time you answer please read the descriptuon first. Attractiveness was never part of this question. But thanks for answering anyway.

• Are you serious? it's muscle dude, who ever said it was cellulite is insane. I have that line too mainly when I wear heels because my legs build muscle easily but I do work out. You don't have to be a sports person to have muscles dance, walking and biking define your leg muscles and if you are thin it will show more.

• Nope that's muscle my friend. I have it too. It's your quads tensing up.

• At 21 years of age and you don't know what cellulite looks like?