What do you think about medical tattoos?

i saw this on TV. people are getting medical tattoos so in case of emergency people and paramedics will no what they have or what they are allergic to. I think its smart. lets say you are walking down a street and get hit by a car. paramedics arrive and put you on some medicine you are allergic to. it might even kill you. there was this guy who got "i got type one diabetes" tattoo and others who got some things they allergic to. its usually on your wrist so its hard to miss. what do you guys and girls think? would you get one?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely a good idea. Jewellery breaks, gets lost or stolen and then it's impossible for someone to know right away if you have something that could be life-threatening. I also think it's an incredibly smart idea.

I'm thinking of getting one too, because you never know what could happen!

What Girls Said 3

• Oh wow. I have never heard of something like this before. Coming from someone who has plenty of tattooes, this sounds like an amazing idea. I have a bracelet I wear because I'm lactose intolerant and don't exactly pay attention to some of the food I eat when I'm out in public. I have to carry my epipen everywhere and sometimes, I don't wear the bracelet because I hate it.

It sounds like a great idea and I'm now going to consider getting one on my wrist to avoid bracelet hassles and still maintain a level of safety.

• I don't like tattoos but I might. Maybe towards the future when they are more cheaper and easier to remove. This would be very helpful for medical purposes but then if it was a visible tattoo like on my arm or something then I would be paranoid that someone would try to get me purposely next to whatever I am am allergic to. Maybe a better solution would be to just wear dog tags or something with your info on that.

• I would NEVER do that, I don't like tattos and I certainly would not want basically everyone knowing my medical problems because it is labeled on me, would you like everyone you meet to know what's wrong with you because you have labeled on your self.. stupid, but go ahead your choice lmao

• if you hang out with people who judge you by what kinda illness you have than you need to change your circles. also what's wrong with putting stuff you are allergic too as a tattoo. it could save your life. given that you are anonymous I'm guessing you are ingnorant too

• i didn't know they allowed 10 year old autistic kids on here

• thats different they are autistic, some of them are not capable of telling someone and some of them don't know and that is their/their parents choice

What Guys Said 2

• LOL that's smart! I like this idea, it makes me want to get a tattoo now. I think it's a good idea.

• I guess if it's life or death for them, then whatever. It's not something I would get. I keep hoping this trend reverses, but no such luck, huh?