I don't wear make up, does that make me less feminine?

I do wear mascara but that's it. I also don't mess with my hair, I just wake up, comb it with my fingers, and then go. All my friends wear elaborate make up and either straighten their hair or curl it and tan, etc. And they are all super beautiful. I don't do any of this, am I doing it wrong?

I guess it might (?) be important to mention I have naturally curly hair.

Most Helpful Girl

• no. as long as you look good and you are confident-u don't need make up. and from your picture, you look beautiful. so no need for make up. I used to wear make up all the time! and it was to cover up how insecure I actually was. one day I was late to one of my classes and I didn't have time for make up. showed up, and my best friend took one look at me and said "will you go out with me". later I asked him what made him ask me out after being friends for so long,and on a day when I didn't even look like a woman! and he told me "Actually, I like your face without make up more. you're beautiful either way, but make up makes you fake-your natural look is so much better. and it shows your eyes and your smile...they all pop" so...there...girl prospective(me) and guy prospective(my bf)...you don't need make up to be feminine!

What Guys Said 4

• No, it doesn't make you less feminine at all. The fact that you don't wear make-up portrays self confidence.

I'm under the assumption that your profile pic is indeed a picture of you, and if so, you're gorgeous the way you are...don't start wearing it just because of social convention or what not.

• No, not at all. I see plenty of girls who obviously bothered to spend time putting on makeup and then wear yoga pants and a tank top.

• I think you're quite pretty, just as you are -- but your hair doesn't look at all curly!

• your probably still beautiful since make up isn't what makes the girl beautiful.

• Yes, it is.

• You're right, not all girls have to wear make up but it certainly helps. Yes?

• yeah your right it does help.

What Girls Said 4

• It doesn't make you less feminine at all! And looking at your pictures, you have a very pretty, cute, girlie face. I wear a little bit or no makeup. Usually just a bit of mascara and lip gloss and I know I look girly. Makeup for some people can make you look overdone and trying too hard. Keeping it natural works for you!

• No

But makeup shouldn't have to MAKE a girl anything. Makeup should only really be used to enhance features, cause it doesn't hide ugly very well.

You don't have to tan until you're orange or your skin is burned(spray tanning every once in a while is enough), you don't have to straighten your hair all the time(changing it up is good every once in a while) and you don't have to plaster your face with makeup(moderation is good), but none of this is a black and white issue.

• wearing makeup doesn't make you any more feminine than the next girl. I have never worn makeup and I like to keep it natural. I'm still girlie though

• No, it doesn't.

Make up just enhances your facial features.