Is it hot when a girl wears glasses?

A lady friend of mine usually wears lenses, but this week she wore glasses to work. She was surprised by her male coworkers' behavior .

One guy ignored her completely, and when she asked what was wrong, he said she looked too smart to say hi to her.

Another guy looked at her mysteriously (that's how she said) and said that she looked "smarter than ever"

My guess is that by saying "smart" they meant "hot". Am I right?

I understand that situations are different, so here are a few details:

- the girl works in IT

- her style is trendy casual

- she has "nerdy" glasses

- she is a blonde

Most Helpful Guy

• Really depends on the frames and the shape of her face. I hate big round frames, I usually like small rectangular frames.

HOT

link

NOT

link

What Guys Said 8

• Glasses on a nerdy girl can look charming and girlie and really add to her 'look.' And pert glasses perched on the end of her nose look good on many girls.

Grils with oval or triangular shaped faces look good in glassses; round faced girls, no, too many circles there!

• Yes, geeky girls wearing glasses is hot to most guys. Yes, a few might be turned off, or intimidated, but most guys will find it sexy in this context.

• In your opinion, what will some guys be intimidated of?

• I mean, were they really intimidated of her "smartness"; this is what interests me most..

• Some guys, yes. I mean, is it dumb that she puts on glasses and all of a sudden seems "smarter?" Sure. But this is one of those times where perception, for those guys, is reality.

• It does depend on her face most of the time, which is no different with guys. If you see different guys wearing glasses, I guess your opinion also differs with each guy wearing them. Personally, I think most girls I see with glasses on look cute (and sometimes more intelligent), but no more or less than girls without them. The style you've mentioned sounds like a good combination. Most blond women look great with glasses (including the "nerdy" ones).

• to me yes. I wear glasses often for certain needs. so maybe that is it. a common problem. wish someone thought I looked too smart.

• Its the novelty of the situation that got the attention of the guys. If you wear your hair up, trying letting it down or vice versa and you'll see the same reaction.

• Depends...

• Depends on the girl, some can pull of the look and some cannot.

• I think it's super hot

Especially when it's like a sexy librarian thing

oh baby

What Girls Said 3

• I get more looks when I wear sunglasses

• I don't feel hot with glasses on

• I just thought that it's really how you feel that's matters the most.

Writing that you should feel hot in glasses would be not helpful at all though..

• I think I look mature with my glasses but I don't ever wear them outside of my classes