What is your definition of petite?

Can a tall girl (5'8) be petite? is it the way a girl is built, small frame, skinny or does is it just height?

Most Helpful Girl

• no. petite is short AND small build not necessarily super thin you can still be petite and be alittle heavy or any type of body shape (pear/apple/hourglass) it's just a nice way of saying "short" but most people apply it to tiny girls in general

petite is under 5'4" by the way.

like

link

all those women are under 5'4 and are considered petite though they may have varying body types.

What Guys Said 7

• I would say she has a "petite build", but petite is usually defined as 5'4" or less with a small/thin build. At 5'8", you're taller than the majority of girls, so I wouldn't call you petite, no.

My term for what you are is "greyhound", because like a greyhound, you are long (tall) and thin. Female vollyball players are often greyhounds, and some female basketball players, though they tend to be a bit thicker.

• I always think of a small frame and short like 5'3"

• I think of petite as being short and small framed. 5'8 with a small build I would think of as being skinny or slender

• To me it's short and thin.

• Short, small frame, and fit...

• Small, height and weight wise.

• Short with a small frame. She can't be tall and she can't be fat . She can have big boobs if the rest of her is small.

What Girls Said 7

• it usually does mean that a girl is short,but some girls can look petite while actually being quite tall,like vlada roslyakova

• Petite would probably be 5'4 and under with a small body & weight. You're probably mostly described as long & lean, which isn't a bad thing!

• It is height, tall girls can't be petite. Although they can have a small frame.

• Petite means 5'4 or under

A tall girl can be thin or small boned, but not petite. She wouldn't fit into petite clothing lol

• When I hear petite I think of someone short and slender.

• when I think petite, I think short and skinny.

• I always thought it was a small frame but I think clothing shops basically mean it to be short... and tiny I guess.