Theres always tears coming out of my left eye!

Whats going on? there's always tears coming out of my left eye. It really bothers me. I can't wear makeup cause it starts its tears. Even when I don't have make up on, my left eye "cries".

Its been almost one year since this started. What could it be? What can I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have this issue because in the 9th grade I had a massive eye injury. It doesn't constantly tear up like you describe, but maybe in 15 minute intervals.

My problem is I have a scarred tear duct. I look normal, just have an underlying problem. Something I've done is use an eyedrop that decreases moisture in your eye. It worked, but I stopped using them because they burn in allergy season.

Have you ever had an eye injury? Does your cornea (surface of your eye) scratch easily?

I think your best bet is to go to the eye doctor just to be safe. Good luck and hope you're ok.

What Guys Said 2

• Get your eyes checked

• It's called dry eye, yes I know it makes no sense, how can your eyes be dry if they constantly tear. I asked my eye dr that same question, it's because our tears will actually dry our eyes out, but our eyes don't know the difference, so they keep tearing. Besides it being annoying as hell, you can try eye drops, but they might not work, your best bet is to vist your eye doctor, who can prescribe you some eye drops.

What Girls Said 2

• That happens to me when it's allergy season

• You should get that checked out.