A question for your eyes?

Is there some kind of term for having one near sighted and one far sighted eye? I have one of each and I can't remember if there is a term or not. :\

And does anyone else wear contacts or glasses? :D

If so, do you have a prescription? Mine is -2.50!

I have both contacts and glasses and my eyes keep getting worse :P

Most Helpful Guy

• S C x Axis

Degree of nearsightedness/farsightedness (Spherical), degree of astigmatism x curvature placement of astigmatism (Axis)

RIGHT: -3.50 -1.75 x 010

LEFT: -2.75 -1.75 x180

In more basic terms, my vision is about 20/500 or what someone can read at 500 feet away, I have to be 20 feet away to read.

I wear contacts. I don't really like glasses. I think they look ugly, but other people seem to look good in glasses.. so maybe I just suck at picking them out.

The term is antimetropia. Yes you have anisometropia-- but that is when you just have different levels of nearsightedness, or different levels of farsightedness. I also have anisometropia even though both eyes are nearsighted. Antimetropia is the specific instance when you have one nearsighted and one farsighted. It's kinda like, yes we're both mammals, but I'm a Golden-mantled tree-kangaroo and you're a Pika.

• I'm a Pikachu? :3

• Oh and just a quick fyi, like I said before.. yes many things can describe something.. but not everything is the exact word for it. Also, it's nothing like calling a balloon red. Red is an adjective that describes what it is like, and balloon is the specific noun that is associated with the object. Equally, anisometropia & your odd definition of monovision, their definitions might be somewhat inclusive of the event of having antimetropia, but neither word is the actually word for it.

• actual word for it* oops again.

What Guys Said 7

• link

I believe this is what you are referring to.

• I wear glasses but only at distance, up close is perfect. I am a -2 in one eye and a 1.5 in the other, and I have an astigmatism in my left eye. I wanna get contacts for playing sports and other things but I'm afraid I'll become dependent on them, so I just make do without

• Mine was 7 ... 2000

It was known as amblyopia for me. You are headed in the same direction with one very dominant eye =0

• Huh? 2000?

• That sucks :\

• Yes it does suck =(

It's making it hard for me to do the fine work I like doing up close wothout a loupe ...

• I'd answer but my eyes are so bad I can't read the question.

• It's called monovision. You must have cyclops blood in your lineage! =P

• Having one "reading eye" and a "distance vision eye" which is generally a result of eye stain is basically what mono vision is... That equates to the same thing... Livi said anisometropia which I said is also true as is antimetropia. There are many words that describe something... For example:

If I asked someone to describe the following picture link

• One person may say it's red, the second person may say it's round, the third person may say it floats, the forth person may say it's a balloon. Guess what, they would all be right. Now stop being an a**hole. =)

• I'm nearsighted. I have glasses and contacts.

• Can you see meeeeee? ;D

What Girls Said 2

• I'm damn near blind. I wear glasses to see a far.

I'm near sighted in both eyes.

And my retina in my left eye is thinning out.

Eventually, I will be blind soon.

That is one of my fears..I hope in the future things become more advanced to fix my vision.

My prescription is already too high..there is nothing better than what I have.

Also, I never worn contacts...because they creep me out. I had a contact fitting..and I didn't like it.

• i wear contacts mostly and sometimes glasses... mine is -3.5 in both eyes and I have an astigmatism in the left eye I think. well I know its in one of the eyes.

My eye sight has been bad since I was in year 3 .. but now its kinda stable doesn't change so much.