What's your favorite beauty tip?

What's a neat tip you've learned for the summer (for guys or girls)?

Hair: For "Taylor Swift" type waves I usually twist a strand of my hair between my fingers and swirl the strand into a bun. Leave it for around an hour and it looks nice. You can use holding spray and non-alcohol based gel to keep the look. The tighter the strand and tighter the curl.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to use crushed aspirin or baking soda as a facial scrub after I have washed my face, about 1-2x a week. Cheap, affordable and simple because they're both accessible and gentle for the most part. To top it off, they can each be used as a mask link

I'm sure there are vids for baking soda mask, but it's simple. Same as the aspirin mask. Cleanse skin, turn into a paste, apply and leave on for 10-20 minutes.

Hair reconstructors such as apHogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor or Ion reconstructor are a great way to keep hair strong if breakage is a problem. Buying the packets is convenient for those who want to sample it or who aren't going to use them often

Also, for curly or african American hair, I recommend using sulfate and petrochemical free shampoos and conditioners as well as using natural oils such as EVOO, extra virgin coconut oil(my favorite), Amla oil, sweet almond oil, as a leave in conditioner instead of store bought leave in conditioners which often contain alcohol and other drying chemicals.

What Guys Said 6

• Drink more water.

• Seriously. I started to specifically get in the habit of regularly drinking twice as much water as I used to, and increased my 'watery' food diet (fruits) instead of fried items and I have noticed difference in everything. Eyesight, headaches, skin, lips, literally everything.

• Use a straight razor to shave, whether you are a guy or girl. It gives an unmatched, super close, irritation free shave and is dermatologically better for your skin than the modern razors.

• Where do you usually buy one? Does the package just say "straight edge razor"?

• There are a few good manufacturers of straight razors now, most of them European. You can fin straight razors online, not in thrift stores haha. Just google straight razors and you'll findsevral websites that sell them, Classic Shaving is one. Art of Shaving I an actual store that sells them too. They are expensive, although one razor will last you a lifetime. You can find used ones on eBay too.

• Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner Eye Liner

• keep your breath fresh and don't wear too much after shave

• dunno workout perhaps

• Work out.

What Girls Said 15

• Someone already mentioned brushing your lips, I recommend it too. Instead of lip balm I use vaseline, leave it on for about 5 minutes to prep the lips, then wipe off and brush away the dead skin cells gently with a soft bristle toothbrush. It makes your lips look smooth and amazing!

WEAR SUNSCREEN! Seriously, sun exposure (whether it's tanning or just burning) has such harmful effects on the skin in the long run, not to mention how much quicker it will age your skin and cause it to sag, wrinkle etc. Spray-on sunscreens are the easiest to apply and they dry up really quickly so applying sunscreen can't even be considered an inconvenience anymore. Make sure to put it on your hands as well. There are options that are pretty much undetectable and you can wear them under makeup without having everything sliding off and getting greasy.

Other than that, hmm...

Moisturize your skin every day.

Oil absorbing sheets are great if you get oily skin, I know a lot of people get oily skin in the summer.

Also exfoliate your face to keep it looking clear and glowing. I prefer chemical exfoliants because I tend to overdo it with the manual exfoliation. St. Ives scrubs are great for manual exfoliation.

And increase the amount of water you drink! You'll feel better overall.

• Summer Beauty Tip: If you ever get a sun burn in the summer time on your face, don't wear a red T-shirt because it makes it extremely noticable. But if you wear orange it makes you look like your glowing witch has a nice effect if you ever want to make a sun burn work for you.

• to get rid of freckles on your nose you get from the sun, squirt some lemon juice on a cotton pad and rub it on your nose/hold it there for 5-10 min and it lightens/gets rid of em. I hate freckles on me.

• 3 thumbs down? Wtf is wrong with people on here seriously...

• I don't get it either. o.O

I gave you thumbs up though.

• thanks :)

• this isn't something I just learned for the summer. I've known this for ever a year. to get your lips nice and soft, put lip balm on, then use a brush to essentially brush your lips. I do it for like 20 seconds. wipe your lips off then reapply the balm. now you have kissable lips.you're welcome

• :o I kind of do this. I brush my lips every night before I go to bed and put on lip balm. It truly makes a huge difference.

• Vaseline on eyelashes to make them grow. :]

But be careful not to get it in your eye.

I naturally have long eyelashes and they even grew. Now I just use it after wearing mascara to moisturize them. :]

Fun question!

• Multitask with your products: Blush can be eyeshadow, vaseline can be used to tame flyaway hairs or to remove makeup, witch hazel can be used as toner, etc.

• Mine is sugar waxing. You have to make it yourself, but it hurts a lot less than regular wax and it exfoliates your skin at the same time.

• well my mother always emphasized, "less is more"...at times I agree with her and always use st. ives exfoliating scrub- I love that stuff.

• wear sunscreen.

• Pinch your cheeks to make it look like you're wearing blush.

• moisturize everyday :)

• Smile :)

Im serious

• IM really not sure...

• Put Olive Oil on your eyelashes--makes them grow

• moisturise