Why do some girls not like being called cute?

I have noticed from some questions and answers on here that some girls don't like being called cute. My question is why is that?

I can speak for all guys but this is how I you cute when describing a girl. Like her: link think that she is beautiful, but I feel that cute would be a better word to describe her. I don't use it as a subsitute word for "average", I just feel it's a more accurate description.
Meant I can't.

Most Helpful Girl

• idk about other girls. But I can appreciate cute. The other words are too much for me.

I like being called beautiful occasionally...but never sexy or hot.

I like compliments that mean more that just physical looks. But I am really comfortable with compliments about my looks in the first place to begin with.

Anyway, so girls love to be called hot and sexy..it makes them feel attractive. I don't care for that feeling.

What Girls Said 10

• What strange beings they are. Cute is the most perfect description in the world! Everyone should want to be cute.

• Probably because they don't define themselves as cute.

• link - Now, that is cute.

• Because personally cute reminds me of a puppy or a kitten, not me. Out of all the adjectives out there, can't something else be used like average?

• Why average?

• @Prof- Actually, I prefer a guy to be dead honest with me. Say to me, "You're not bad looking, maybe average in looks...decent." ANYTHING but cute. A baby is cute, a puppy or kitten are all cute. I just don't like that adjective.

• Exactly! Thank you!

• The same reason guys don't like being called cute. It makes you feel like a kid because usually that word is associated with a cute kid or a cute dog and not really a woman. Most women want to be called beautiful or sexy but not cute.

• because they always get called cute and want to be looked at as more than that

• I guess some girls think of babies and puppies when they think of being called cute. They don't want to be made to sound young like that.

• Usually there's doubt associated with that word because cute is often used as a substitute to tell a girl she looks good when she doesn't lol. Some girls would rather be called pretty or beautiful because what they mean is pretty definite. Cute is up for interpretation.

• Because "cute" usually means "you're alright."

• No when I say a girl is cute its bec she has a cute look and cute personality. Hot means megan fox. Cute means selena gomez. Its not about being alright its a diff look. Personaly I like cute better

• It feels awkward if it's done out of the blue or by people we don't particularly like... Other than that they could be shy.

What Guys Said 2

• I use the word cute a lot with attractive females cauz imo it sounds more playful and flirtatious than hot or sexy.

Those words sound more predatory than flirtatious. Not saying that predatory is BAD...but on 1st and 2nd impression, being that predatory will make her feel more objectified than flattered.

Don't wanna scare her off. :)

• Good question, I've wondered that myself.