Is being called pretty less than beautiful?

Cause I consider beautiful to be the top how bout you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty and beautiful mean the same on the outside, but beautiful includes personality and temperament.

If I see an attractive girl I don't know or particularly like, she's pretty.

If I see an attractive girl and she's got an amazing personality and attitude, she's beautiful.

What Guys Said 6

• Pretty is less than beautiful to me. When I say beautiful to a woman I truly mean it. I only consider 2 to 3 women beautiful. The rest cute,pretty,attractive etc etc.

I don't think I have ever called a girl hot. To me hot is like something you would use for a quick pickup.

• Well we guys can be oblivious to the adjectives we useto describe wome, but I never use hotor any of those, I prefer stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, adorable, pretty, marvelous, you know the more fancy and gentlemanly type of compliment a man would give a woman.

• I think being called beautiful denotes greater attractiveness than being called pretty.

• You're totally overthinking this.

• somewhat.

• where does gorgeous rank for you?

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, I consider beautiful to be the top.

Hot - more of a sexual thing, and so is sexy.

Pretty means you're good looking.

• You can be pretty but also beautiful. You can be both. I wouldn't necessarily consider it less.

• For some reason I would rather be called hot then pretty, but of course beautiful. Sadly though guys don't mean it anymore and use it to get inside your pants.

• In my mind...NO.They are both compliments.And I can't honestly see myself agonizing over which adjective is more meaningful.After all,the individual didn't have to say anything in the first place.

• what if someone called you bretty or peautiful?

• i would have to comment on that...urrrrr...speech impediment?Or mix up of letters...just so they wouldn't embarrass themselves in the future calling other random folk bretty...although...people from New Jersey speak like this...

Dont hate NJ :)

• Why? aren't you happy with being called pretty?

I would :)

• Gorgeous is top rank.. In my opinion..

Beautiful

Pretty

Sexy/hot

Cute

All in that order...

• I'd love to be called pretty because it's a definite term to describe how good/nice a girl looks.

Beautiful has a deeper meaning, still associated with looks but also encompasses a whole lot more.

To me, beautiful tops it all but pretty is an awesome word to be called!

• yeah I guess so. beautiful is better than pretty/cute.

i say some men are beautiful. like ryan gossling or liam hemsworth.

while others are cute or handsome.

• If that's true, you wouldn't be anonymous or at least you would've posted a pic.