How important is it to ALWAYS look your best? On a scale of one -10.

I really wish GaG would stop auto correcting "1" to "one". Makes me look silly. Makes me look like a 2.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• I think it's important to have some pride in your appearance, at all times.

Even if you're just going to lounge around the house all day, what if you have unexpected guests?

If you're walking out somewhere, what if you run into someone you know? And somoene you want to make a good impression with?

We probably can't look our best 24/7, but we can make the effort. Or some sort of effort, anyway.

Call it 8.

• Hmm well I'd say around family and friends just kicking it and shooting the sh*t.. around a 4... but when I'm out and about I always pull a 10 because I'm good like that.

• That's a big ZERO. I really do not care. I'll go out without shaving for a couple of days sporting a neck beard. =D

• I bet you go out like this link

• BUTTERBEER!

• Yeah might as well throw in about 10 kegs of butter beer as well. =)

• It's about a 9 for me.

Because if I look anything less that my best, I not only miss opportunities in meeting people and women,

But I also have to deal with every business establishment thinking I'm trying to steal from them -__-

It gets old.

• U? Silly? Perish the thought! one or 2...way too lazy to look my best all the time..and anyway..who am I trying to foool or impress? Anyway...what do you suggest I do? Facelift & mascara?

• Well the way you've phrased it, one. Its not important at ALL to ALWAYS look your best.

If you asked how important is it to look your best most of the time, I'd say 8 or so.

• 5.

I will run to the grocery store with basketball shorts and a plain shirt and not really give a damn about my image. Many times I'm sporting cheap Ray Bans and a baseball cap.

But when it comes to work or going out for dinnah I become a metrosexual.

• I'm gonna say most guys this number is low for and many will be confused or something thinking they're looking good when they're not. Not many guys will care about how they look unless it's a formal type event thing and it's expected people will dress more formal. Me personally if I'm ever out in public I will always style my hair, wear nice jeans and v-neck shirts usually, pretty stylish shoes, bust out my Michael Kors watch, and put on a smile and appear friendly.

• id say 10, people who look their best get more attention

• Hey it's better than how they change my questions. I found out that 6 months ago that the state of Montana is now Monatana(and I am not allowed to use the word butt) but anyhoo :) to your question miss 2 year old ahem cough cough I think for me it rates as a 7. There are times when I am working on someone's home and I look like the king of white trash while I am building a deck or something. There are times I dress up like Mr GQ.

• I dress normally as I do every day, just keep clean and hygenic

I'd rather someone like me for myself physically and mentally rather than like my make up, expensive clothes or accessories

What Girls Said 17

• Does always also count when I'm on vacation at my parents house where no one but my mama and papa will see me? :O

If it does, I'd say 4. Because while in my house, I couldn't give ONE single F*#%. And that lack of f***-giving really outweighs my typical need to be perfect all the damn time :p

If it doesn't include the infrequent, short stays with the parental units, it goes up to from a 4 to an 8. From my daily outfit to my pajamas to my period panties (yes, I went there lol), I have these unreasonable expectations of myself that I am constantly trying to meet

• Family- 4

Going out/shopping - 9

Uni - 7

Home- 3

Grocery store- 6

Hanging with friends indoors - 2

Hanging with friends outdoors - 6

• Hey! You're always a 10 to me.

Now you're question...I'd say a 9. I'm speaking in public. I have always thought why would anyone WANT to go around not looking their best, unless of course they are working a dirty, grimy job/task at the time. It doesn't take any time at all to wash, comb & put on clean clothes that match (& aren't PJs.) I cringe when I see people at the store or nice restaurants in jammy pants & an old raggy tee shirt & fuzzy slippers. Sorry, but if that's how you feel about yourself, arrg! What's everyone else to think about you? Not much.

Now if your at home, ill or cleaning, sweats are fine. Who cares?

Public...You never know who you'll see or meet. I'd rather look my best, & that doesn't mean heels & a dress either. Just good grooming.

• Going out--7

Formals/gatherings/brunch--7

Staying--3

Just lounging around with friends--3

Working out--2

I could definitely try harder, but some situations just call for not giving a floating smurfs butt ya know

Overall, 6. Don't know how I came up with that number, but...it's important sometimes

• I just don't give a crap anymore. Today I am wearing the stylist ensemble of pizza stained gray 4x hoodie and stylish lint filled leggings.

solid one today. 9 only if necessary. But usually 4 though.

• Depends what part I'm cleaning >

link

• 4 because I'm just simple.. I don't wear makeup only powder and lipgloss unless ofcourse when I have to, like going to a wedding etc.. and my style very laid back just tshirt, tube tops, jeans, shorts, skirts.. I only wear dresses once in a while. I don't do my hair unless again when I have to usually just ponytail or hair down depending on the weather but I'm very particular when it comes to hygiene & cleanliness

• I wanted to ask another question about what is your scale of 1-10. I think I am 8 without makeup and groom, so I assume other people would be too.

• around 8-9 probably :)

• For me an 8.

It's important to me to look presentable and at my best most of the time.. I get ready, pick out an outfit even if I'm staying in and lounging around with friends. It's impossible to look your best all of the time but I do put an effort. I love doing my hair, make-up and getting dressed up. I want to make a good impression on people and 50% of that first impression is how you look, I think it's important to take pride in your appearance and not wear a ponytail and pajamas 24/7.

• 6

• i don't care these days. depends on the occasion.

everyday for school- 1-5...who cares, I'm there to learn.

job searching- 6-9...i've learned that I get more call backs when I'm dressed down than up (part time jobs).

• I try to pull a 7 but most of the time I don't have time to mess around with trying to look my best so it's like a 5 or 4. Plus I'm not really looking to impress or attract people most of the time so I don't really give a damn. Sometimes if it's a really formal event then I go all out but 80% of the time I am in some jeans or yoga pants, a t-shirt, my hair up, and no makeup.

• Depends what I'm doing and if I'm going out. If I'm home, I don't care how I look, but if I'm going out to the public, I fix myself up a little bit so I don't look out of place

• 9-10

• 7

• Going out- 9

Family- 5

School- 7

Home- 2

Grocery store- 3

Friends- 2

• uhm a 9-10 to me looking neat and presentable is very important for me it is more about being clean then heels and make up for example I won't leave the house with greasy hair , no deo, clothes that aren't as clean as I want them to be etc..

• It really depends where I am. At school, or a party, - 10. At home, 2. Going to the store, - 5.