Do you know how to tie a tie?

I don't know how to do it. do you?

How did you learn?

Most Helpful Guy

• My Dad's business made it VERY important to dress to the nines = successful = other want to be successful so invested with him. In such a business or formal attire, the Windsor gives the best appearance. It is considered so top drawer that it's the tires purchased are to fit this knot, not finding a knot that fits the ties (wide, narrow, fabric thickness). This is a symmetrical fat knot that produces a symmetrical outcropping below it. Snug it up so collar doesn't show, then dimple the collar flanking wings. Thread the narrow end into the loop/label on wide end rearside (or employ tie tack/bar/clip).

For Windsor unfriendly ties given me, I have tried Half Windsor and Four in Hand only to judge them a waste of time. The Pratt Knot looks interesting but the images depict an unsymmetrical outcropping below it, not so great.

For gals, such ties & knots are more fashionable a statement so you are free to even invent a knot that works for flamboyant ties.

A good link for a primer on these is given below by Dishlady.

What Girls Said 9

• I learned over the internet, actually... link

• I learned in my 9th grade "Career Education" class. We did so much random stuff in that class...

• there are loads of video tutorials on you tube. Just type in, how to tie a tie, or how to tie a winsor knot or something like that.

• i do :D I have 2 brothers and then my dad wore one everyday I always watched and even remembered it when my brothers didnt

then later I worked at a movie theatre and had to wear a shirt and tie ha

• Yup. I went to a private school and had to wear a tie, so my dad taught me. Mind you, my knots look retarded.

• I forgot. :/

• Yes, I asked my dad.

• yup I learned how to do it from a guy friend when we went to a concert together that required us to dress up :)

• went to private school wore it daily ever since 7th grade .. before that I was in a public school.

• I learned it off my brother

What Guys Said 9

• Yes I know how to tie a tie and a bow tie. I learnt at school because our uniform required us to where one. My old man taught me, but there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube which could help you out

• yes my father taught me. But there are several ways to tie a tie, I'd like to eventually learn a few other ways

• I do. Thank God for Google.

• Four or five long tie knots, and I can now tie a bow tie though I regret not learning that sooner.

• Like many things in life, my Dad taught me.

• First from my dad. Then I looked up more styles on the Internet.

• Yes, of course. I learned from my dad when I was about 7 years old for a wedding I had to attend.

• Yes. I learned from my father.

• When I was maybe 6 or 7 my grandpa taught me.