Do you know how to tie a tie?

I don't know how to do it. do you?

How did you learn?

0|0
9|10

Most Helpful Guy

• My Dad's business made it VERY important to dress to the nines = successful = other want to be successful so invested with him. In such a business or formal attire, the Windsor gives the best appearance. It is considered so top drawer that it's the tires purchased are to fit this knot, not finding a knot that fits the ties (wide, narrow, fabric thickness). This is a symmetrical fat knot that produces a symmetrical outcropping below it. Snug it up so collar doesn't show, then dimple the collar flanking wings. Thread the narrow end into the loop/label on wide end rearside (or employ tie tack/bar/clip).

For Windsor unfriendly ties given me, I have tried Half Windsor and Four in Hand only to judge them a waste of time. The Pratt Knot looks interesting but the images depict an unsymmetrical outcropping below it, not so great.

For gals, such ties & knots are more fashionable a statement so you are free to even invent a knot that works for flamboyant ties.

A good link for a primer on these is given below by Dishlady.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I learned over the internet, actually... link

0|0
    0|0
  • I learned in my 9th grade "Career Education" class. We did so much random stuff in that class...

0|0
    0|0
  • there are loads of video tutorials on you tube. Just type in, how to tie a tie, or how to tie a winsor knot or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • i do :D I have 2 brothers and then my dad wore one everyday I always watched and even remembered it when my brothers didnt

then later I worked at a movie theatre and had to wear a shirt and tie ha

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I went to a private school and had to wear a tie, so my dad taught me. Mind you, my knots look retarded.

0|0
    0|0
  • I forgot. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I asked my dad.

0|0
    0|0
  • yup I learned how to do it from a guy friend when we went to a concert together that required us to dress up :)

0|0
    0|0
  • went to private school wore it daily ever since 7th grade .. before that I was in a public school.

0|0
    0|0
    • I learned it off my brother

What Guys Said 9

• Yes I know how to tie a tie and a bow tie. I learnt at school because our uniform required us to where one. My old man taught me, but there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube which could help you out

0|0
    0|0
  • yes my father taught me. But there are several ways to tie a tie, I'd like to eventually learn a few other ways

0|0
    0|0
  • I do. Thank God for Google.

0|0
    0|0
  • Four or five long tie knots, and I can now tie a bow tie though I regret not learning that sooner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like many things in life, my Dad taught me.

0|0
    0|0
  • First from my dad. Then I looked up more styles on the Internet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course. I learned from my dad when I was about 7 years old for a wedding I had to attend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I learned from my father.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was maybe 6 or 7 my grandpa taught me.

0|0
    0|0