V-necks on straight guys? Need last minute advice.

So, I had plans to go to a club tonight but they fell through with nobody to accompany me... so I went shopping instead.

I'm not on the trendy up-and-up, with those on the bandwagon of whatever brand takes social acceptance at the very moment. I'm not on walking billboard.

However, I do have a pretty diverse range in what I wear. As a college student you wanna look decent, pretty much retiring wrestling t-shirts, but not completely formal just clothes you feel good in.

However, in the work field you need to dress a little less comfortable to make the right impression, most of the time of course depending on what you do, how you feel about it, ect.. So I have my normal clothes and business clothes.

About 5 months ago I went in Hollister. I heard about the clothes and while it wasn't a transition for me I felt something I might like and buy in there would set apart from what I normally wear.

Anyways, I went shopping today... not in Hollister, but some of the commercial trends; Aeropostale, A&F, American Eagle, ect... I bought some sneakers from Foot Action (no complaints), a green hoodie from Aero (I digress, no complaints).

I also stopped in American Eagle, mind you, I've never really shopped in there and it's not like I had a style or motive in mind for what to buy if anything, but I did buy three shirts.

Two of these shirts are "V-necks", and honestly, I've never been aware of V-necks being "homosexually friendly". I don't own any v-necks to my knowledge, outside of these 2, but still I bought them based on the design not the cut of the shirt.

So I tried the 2 on before buying, one of which I liked but felt very reluctant to the color of it. I thought it was the size of the shirt that set it off, and so I went with a Large instead and figured the risk was worth it.

Anywho, family gave me a pretty one-sided response, not in favor, and I've found out through the internet that there is a heavy mixed response to whether a heterosexual male can pass in these types of shirts, it bugs me.

I'm not gonna model the shirts, sorry, but I did take some pics to show the shirts in question. All I want to know is what you guys/girls think about v-neck shirts on a guy that isn't looking for same-sex loving. heh

Also, without a model of sorts, do you see anything wrong with these shirts?

Shirt A

link

link

Shirt B

link

link

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm not even gonna look at them. I wear v necks. I love them. they are more comfortable and make my whole outfit more unique... oh and I'm straight. I had mixed feelings for awhile too though. I stopped caring. the 1 question I asked on this site so far was about v necks. check it out, I have 7 chicks telling me its fine lol. mine are all diesel, express, public opinion, and solis.

• Thanks bud, I don't need x-amount of replies to get my answer, I appreciate any and all feedback, I just don't wanna become stubborn if what I wear makes me look like a "tool" or "douche" when I'm only going for the style of the shirt (design) not the cut. Thanks for giving me a heads up that this isn't new ground on the board, I figured it wasn't.

• No prob bro

What Girls Said 4

• V-necks are sexy.

That's the long and short of it. Of course there are exceptions, and it depends on your frame and if you buy the right size etc. but in no way would I look at a guy wearing a V-neck shirt and think - he's definitely homosexual. In fact I'd probably think quite the opposite.

V-necks are actually quite common with guys at the moment, and considering the two you pictured aren't even low V, I am clueless as to why your family would say that.

V-necks tend to give an outfit a tad more originality - and set it aside slightly from the rest of the crowd, and I've heard from tons of guy friends that they're more comfortable. So if I were you - go ahead with it.

• V-necks on guys are definitely sexy if they can pull them off. And unless you otherwise look gay or like, give a gay vibe (haha, you know what I mean?) then it doesn't make you look gay.

• Thanks. Sounds like a comment left on a forum I more frequently post on, "Unless you're wearing them while having gay sex, I wouldn't consider them gay." haha

Thanks

• i like V-necks... and if you are confident in it, that will show too, which is always sexy!

• No, I actually think those shirts are kinda sexy, really.

What Guys Said 2

• No offense, but you sound like a woman. Get something that looks nice, fits your body frame(weight class), feels comfortable and doesn't cost too much.

• How do I sound like a woman? They look nice, fit my body frame, they're comfortable and each cost about $15. I just wanted a neutral response on v-necks.

• Those are fine. I was expecting a lower V cut, but they don't look bad at all and the desing is nice. I Would wear them if I was a little bigger :P

But yeah, Theyre nice man, don't worry about it and as you can see the girls on here dig them ;)