Do you think makeup has a negative influence on girls?

Some girls wear makeup so they feel more confident, but then they get into the habit of wearing it all the time, and think they look ugly with out it. So instead of being confident with how they look naturally, they become dependent on makeup.

Then you see magazines with pictures of celebs without makeup, with stories that make it seem shocking that they are not wearing any.Whats the big deal about someone not wearing makeup? It is not like it is natural.

Most Helpful Guy

• Makeup was always meant to highlight and bring to light their natural beauty. However, I would have to agree that some women go to extremes and end up with what I like to call "bondo face". If you don't know what bondo is, its a white substance that is soft at first, but hardens and is sanded off when you repair cars that have damage. Some girls "cake" on so much makeup, that it takes over their face to a point that you could almost peel it off. (it appears that thick)

However, I love it when a girl wears makeup when she goes out. As long as it is just to accentuate the beauty that is already there, then I don't mind it in the least, in fact, I like it very much.

What Guys Said 6

• My fiance is a naturally-born beautiful woman who looks great without make-up, but even greater WITH make-up. She knows she doesn't look ugly without it, and she also knows she looks even better with it. So I guess it depends on the woman.

• Well I agree... Girls loose there confidence in them by depending on makeup

N I personally love girls who don't use it

• Hmmm... I never thought of it like that. That's a very good, and interesting point. Yea, I think it does have a negative influence on girls because of the things you mentioned. Good thinking.

• Humans have been decorating themselves for thousands of years with cloths, tattoos, jewelry, ect. It's a cultural universal so there is nothing wrong with make-up because It's just an extension of that.

Every person has a preference though. Personally I admire girls who wear little to no make-up. I think it shows self confidence and other good qualities.

• natural beauty is way prettier to me than cake face.

wayyyy better.

so much that I wouldn't want to date a girl that wears make up more than 4 days a week.

or one that wears a lot.

if she wears a little bit every day that's coo.

but I really feel like its not necessary.

look at us men, we do just fine without it.

• Yes I do and I completely agree with you...(:(:(:

What Girls Said 3

• I think it should be used more sparingly in younger girls because they are not yet able to identify themselves as beautiful without makeup at their age. Older women though, I feel like, know they are beautiful without all that coverup and use it to highlight certain areas/minimize certain things. I actually like when I see celeb pics without makeup because it reminds people that they are human too and have the same insecurities.

• It can

In 8th grade my home skills teacher told us(girls) to not wear TOO much makeup because there'll come a day when you try to wear less or you run out and can't wear it and you'll see yourself as less attractive or people will be like "what's wrong with you? are you sick?" and that's true for the most part. When I transitioned from cakeface to nothing, people kept asking me if I was sick or whatever. Then it faded. I know girls who get the same nonsense said to them

But then again, most girls look average to less attractive without makeup, so it's sort of shocking to see someone go from attractive to less attractive.

• I think makeup is okay, but when a girl is totally dependent on it, then it is a negative thing.