Boys: Tattoo to earn trust back? Good or bad idea.

I cheated on my 2 year boyfriend by a peck on the lips while I was drunk at a uni party. Nothing more. I want to regain his trust as he is having issues, and I don't blame him. He's my first boyfriend and my first love and he says I am his first love too. We've spoken about marriage and children and are about to move out together.

I am so sure that I will be with him for life. I want to get his initials on me saying 'first' above the initial and 'last' at the bottom encircled all in a heart. So he knows he is my first love and he will be my last. Meaning I will stay with him forever.

Boys, will this make you believe that I am committed and serious. Would you be angry if the girlfriend you loved got this done? Or how would you feel ?

Most Helpful Girl

• A tattoo is a terrible way to show love and commitment. A tattoo is just ink on skin, anyone can get religious symbols on their bodies while not abiding by that religion, does that make them a devout person in that religion, no. Same with tattoos for love and commitment. The only thing it will show is that you feel bad and now you want to get something to convince him to come back to you.

It's little compensation for the mistrust he feels towards you. The only thing you can do to win him back is to regain his trust. Because actions speak louder than words. Someone can say all they want that they love a person, but if they are cheating or treating the person badly, well that is hardly showing love.

What Guys Said 14

• First of all did you quit drinking forever? Cheating from drinking is a lame excuse and unless you quit for good then you will cheat again. Secondly getting any tattoo with names or initials of someone else is just plain stupid for you never know what will happen in the future. A tattoo is not a sign of someone's love and dedication. Being a good person and earning someone's trust is the way to do it.

• Personally... If I were dating you, a tattoo would NOT fix a single thing. What would help regain my trust would be if you were to not drink so much while you were out. Drinking alone with me, maybe I would be OK with that (I personally don't like alcohol but if you're really into it, around me alone please so I can at least take care of you no matter what mood it puts you in)

Plus, it was just a peck on the lips, wasn't really all that much. He should be HAPPY that you didn't make out/have sex while you were drunk.

I'm sure most guys will agree with me, so maybe you could show him what everyone else thinks. Yes you got drunk, yes you kissed someone on the lips, but you did NOT get into super make out mode or have sex or anything like that.

• I think the smartest tattoo is the one that says:

"I will regret this tat"

That one is sure to be true. Anything else is debatable.

A peck on a cheek is not cheating. Of course it depends on body language, eye contact, conversation, etc. when it all happened. If a guy guilt-trips you he's needy and insecure and I do not think a tattoo would change that.

• I'd be even more inclined to stay away then...thats a red flag right there for any guy with a head on his shoulders

• hahahahahahaha lol what if he says f*** you and don't come back to me? you will be stuck with a tatoo like that forever

• Bad idea. A splotch of ink means nothing, I can't tell you how many people I see with exes names on their arms. If you have to prove your trust by doing that then you don't really have it in the first place.

• Thank you for your opinion

• Oh I love the sh*tty tattoo where other men have doodled their names ... it's too bad all women don't come with a hotel register on their asses.

• Seems like overcompensation for what you did. If it were me I'd be flattered but since I'm not a fan of tattoos I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about it. I think if it's simple and discreet it would be fine.

• Terrible idea. Like literally of all the ideas a girl could come up with to try and win back and ex, this is the worst I've ever heard of.

• don't do it

• Thank you for your response.

• ...do not cheat to your love one. It is very very hurting if he/she know that!

• I hate tattoos...and a peck on the lips from another guy would not bother me./:/:

• Considering I dislike tattoo, I would really dislike that. Even if he was okay with that, it's not going to earn trust back. You earn it back with time and by being a good girl from now on.

• my only response to this question is nooooooooooooo link

• I'd think she was foolish, and a bit of an idiot, to be honest.

For one thing, I wouldn't call a peck on the lips cheating.

For another, at your age, I wouldn't call a 2 year relationship anything approaching a life-time committment.

I would expect her to know that most girls her age, feel these sorts of "eternal" feelings. And they don't amount to anything concrete in the real world. Do you know how many grown up couples are made up of high school / college couples that stayed together? Almost none of them.

It's a sweet but foolish gesture, probably brought on by feeling pointless guilt over something that shouldn't have even been an issue.

• Thankyou for your comment but you've jumped to assumptions with the high school/college remark. My boyfriend and I didn't meet at high school or college. I go to uni, he is an electrician. He's 24, and I'm 21.

What Girls Said 6

• Stupid idea but each to they're own, I personally would just never get a name or personal initial tattoo because you just never know what will happen in the future. There are better ways to show him you're committed.

Also, what part of your body were you planning on getting this? And how big?

• Just a small discreet one above my hip, I f I were. But I've been convinced not to.

• probably for the best! I have tattoos and they are good when they mean something but with something like a name one, you just never know! you'd feel like a right idiot if it all broke down and you were left with that permanently on you! good choice not to go for it in my opinion :)

• Uhm no. If you have to scar your body for this guy to trust you again, it's not worth it. That means there is no trust.

This would make me think you're desperate and trying something cheesy. The bad judgment of getting a tattoo simply to impress me would turn me off even more.

• That's a big ol' sign of crazy.

• Please don't. You might not like the tatoo when you're older!

• uhhh, this is not a smart idea, a tattoo doesn't mean anything except that you are not really mature enough for reconcilation

• No. Silly idea sorry.