"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." Do you like this?

its by Hypatia . I'm thinking about gettjng a tattoo of it. she is my hero and it means a lot to me and what I believe in. I'm atheist btw.

• Good
  • Bad

Most Helpful Guy

• Surely we'd all be better off if Hitler had never had a moment to ponder. I'm not an Atheist.

• We'd surely all be better off if an English of French bullet had met Hitler's skull during WW1 or if the girl he killed after he made her pregnant (his underage niece Geli Raubal) had had the Walther 7.65 in her hand instead of him or if someone had shot him during or after his first attempted beerhall putsch.

• Amen to that! There'd be no shortage of volunteers to travel back in time and do the deed.

What Guys Said 6

• I voted A because the quote is good, but don't tattoo it on yourself.

• I say go for it if she is your hero. Although "I think therefore I am" (Descartes) is a little more succinct. Depends on how large you want it I guess, lol. It would certainly be a more welcome sight than another "WWJD" tattoo.

• It's very good. yeah I like it.

• A.

but I think yuou think wrongly

• I don't see anything wrong with the quote or getting it tattooed on you. I don't really understand the connection of the quote and you being an atheist. it kinda sounds like your saying your wrong about not believing in god, but at least your thinking? I don't know, go for it if you want it.

• I chose bad because of getting it tattooed on you. The quote is fine. lol

Why did you add that you are atheist? What does that have to do with getting a tattoo?

What Girls Said 8

• I like the quote, but I wouldn't recommend it as a tattoo. Just because it means a lot to you doesn't mean you should write it permanently on your body. You never know if you will get tired of seeing it or even change your feelings about it. It's fairly long for a tattoo, too. It's your choice but that's my two cents.

• Needle point it on a pillow case...Not your body. You may find many things in life that you love, but you can't put them all on your body.

How about engrave all of your favs on a silver bracelet, and keep adding to it, and wear forever? It could be a collection of all that you love, and someday pass to your children. Can't do that with a tat.

• I agree that thinking is important but that exact way of thinking you're suggesting caused a lot of religious disputes, I bet. Imo, you SHOULD think, and yes, it's better to think wrongly that not at all, but caution should be applied when it comes to exercising confidence in your own opinion and way of thinking. I feel like this quote is a bit lacking but I like it anyhow.

• im confused

• good quote.

• I like that quote. Its nice.

• whats the point of thinking if you are thinking wrong? you are being decieved by yourself!

• i don't think I like the quote..

• I think it's dumb... how is it possibly better to think wrongly than to not think?!?